PDA

View Full Version : 6 beeps when I turn the esc on?

mvpatriot
06-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Is the ESC supposed to beep six times EVERY time I turn it on? Thanks in advance, new BJ owner here running 2 x Orien 7.4v 3600 mah 25c

xkos
06-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Correct!!!!!!

mvpatriot
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and ESC have very little info.

However, I did maiden my BlackJack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but I believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that I didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? or use a grommet maybe?

Rex R
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
don't know if it will work with bj...but with the super vee a piece of silicon fuel line(approx 1.5") over the antenna straw helps keep the water out.
rex

PropNutt43
06-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and ESC have very little info.

However, I did maiden my BlackJack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but I believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that I didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? or use a grommet maybe?

I just glued some 3/32 PVC to the bottom side and dilled a new hole to fit one of those screw on antennas. You can get this stuff at most hobby shops. The hole is completely water tight now and I just slip the antenna in and out when I need to.

5475 5476

If you don't want to get it all purple use CA instead of PVC glue.

G-UNIT
11-14-2009, 10:57 AM
thanks for the reply. Both the manual for the boat and esc have very little info.

However, i did maiden my blackjack yesterday and was amazed at how fast it was! I got great 15-20 min run times and had a blast tearing the pond up. I did get some h20 inside but i believe it was through the gaping hole for the antenna mast that i didnt cover w/tape. Does everybody usually just tape that hole up too? Or use a grommet maybe?

a good grommet to use is harley-davidson p/n 11406 about $4.55
it will seal the hole well and still be able to use the antenna in the stock position, i use a hot glue gun to seal everything, put the grommet in with the large side to the inside, use glue gun and glue under the edges,
the boot on the stock antenna will protrude through the center hole.
Keeping a clean look, then maybe put some tape around the base ,
this should keep it pretty dry.
Best bet is to seal the hole completly and relocate antenna.

LiPo Power
11-14-2009, 12:45 PM
check post #7 here for antenna mounting...

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=11325