PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft Revolt -- 59.15mph speed run, 6S LiPo, STOCK motor (video)

TheJANG
10-12-2012, 07:01 PM
AEehn2FJRB0

Specs:

Aquacraft Revolt 30, stock hull
Stock 1800kV Aquacraft 3656 sized motor, switched to 4mm bullet connectors instead of stock bananas
OSE cable, shaft, collet
Octura m440 prop
Custom battery mount (explained here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sJVZHuU3No))
Gens Ace 4000mAH 6S 60C battery
Hobbywing SeaKing 120A ESC on 11.25 deg. timing
Large bore cooling tubes, piped through the ESC first (due to significant partial-throttle running)
Eagle Tree eLogger 4 150A + GPS expander
Stock servo
Scuffed hull
Strut levelled
Trim tabs shimmed down 0.5mm, outer halves run level, left inner down ~0.5 deg., right inner down ~0.75 deg.
Rudder rounded, bottom sharpened

Sorry folks. I had to do it. Had to. A better setup would have been 5S with the stock prop, but back when I was making my battery order, I wanted to get just one >4S pack (my first) that I could use in both this boat and my HPI Baja 5B Flux, so 6S it was.

Obviously the water wasn't quite perfect out there today, and the wind was waxing & waning during my runs. Got a little hairy more than once. Clearly the boat was running nose-light, something I didn't see until I reviewed the footage, as I had a big camera & mic all up in my face while driving. It'll be much safer with the battery moved forward a good 1/2-3/4". Inside of the boat shows some smoke damage from an earlier test run in which I took on water and burned out an eLogger. Canopy has some of the gelcoat cracked off from a massively violent front flip while accelerating on an earlier run today.

This is dangerous territory for this boat, speeds at which it should not be run. This is either silly, stupid, or irresponsible & blasphemous. I should focus on tuning it to work within the parameters for which it was designed. I'm well aware of all that, and couldn't be happier to have pushed ahead anyhow! :buttrock:

Of course now I need to finally work over my stock prop and go out on a calmer day :frusty:

Mike Caruso
10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Great Just Great your putting me back to work Ha.
I love that you shared and took the time to make a video.
I thought 45 mph is BIG fun so I guess 59 would be better or just nutty.
Mike

MAMBA2200
10-13-2012, 02:58 PM
:popcorn2:

SpeedFreak_86
11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Nice