PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing tube alignment issue on Revolt

bdp1174
10-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Today I tried adjusting the strut to get it level because stock it was angle down a good bit but after applying the pressure needed in the back it causes the stuffing tube to flex down in the front and makes the flex cable alignment off and is putting a good amount of force on the cable.
If I remove the cable I have to force the collet down by hand just to get the cable into it.I say it is a good 2mm or so below the collet with no cable in it.By the way I have the OSE cable and Octura collet that I bought from here.
After testing today I even felt the stuffing tube after running and it was warm near the end by the collet and I am sure that is causing a great reduction in speed and will wear out extremely fast.
Speeds on a x642 were max at 36.9 on gps and I am sure I should be closer to 40 and the alignment is causing a problem.

The Epoxy aroung the tube looks ok no cracks or anything at all.Please help me fix this issue so I can get my revolt dialed in.I can take a few pics of it if that will help at all.
Also the alignment side to side looks fine it is just the up and down alignment.
This is the first revision of the boat btw before the changes that aq made.

chipgibbs
10-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Uh, Bend it to where you like it....

steveo
10-14-2012, 06:49 PM
remove the teflon liner that is the first thing i did should give u a few more millimeters