http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/Seam2small.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/Seatbacksmall.jpg

Fluid
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank god Cadillac never had one slip through like that.... :banana: :doh:

Eyekandyboats
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
i don't think so.
this was not just one E class this was i think several in the show room.
here is a 2004 CTS-V
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/42535d1212525183-more-evidence-mercedes-benz-decline-dscf1153.jpg

RCprince
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM
it's called M-@ss production, 25 cents and hour. But I love my Volvo...Soccer Mom, don't even think about!!!

Eyekandyboats
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
it's called M-@ss production, 25 cents and hour. But I love my Volvo...Soccer Mom, don't even think about!!!
then why can other car companies pull it off. its merc, they are in need of help.
Merc and hyundi have a contract. now due to costs. if you ever buy a Merc with a 4cyl.... it came from a hyundi.

ace028
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I work at a mercedes benz dealer as a tech, just talk to your service writer and get it warrentied. I haven't seen that yet here in cali, a customer would for sure complain of that though. Did you get it as a canadian model? Maybe they don't care about the grey market vehicles lol jk. I came from Nissan to mercedes benz, what a change, two different worlds, sometimes I wish I would have stayed at nissan, but hey, working on world class cars and making more money is worth it...maybe. I have to agree, the quality is suppose to be getting better, but some things just get passed by. I think that the companies should go drive subarus or honda's and feel the quality of the interior componets and try to match. It seems like the gemans are always trying to reinvent the wheel, and they have succeded in many ways with some of the technology we have today, but I think they get carried away and forget the little things. when you pay 80K plus for a car the stiching better be straight lol.

Eyekandyboats
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
i think everything started to go down hill with the merger MB went through.

Doozie870
06-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I heard mercedes benz had a factory in china now?

ace028
06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
i think everything started to go down hill with the merger MB went through.

Well i'm sure being part of Dymiler Chrysler didn't help anything, I mean go check out a dodge truck or minivan, worst of all a neon, look at the quality there, :thumbsdown:

Ctonez
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
yeah...not exactly Pinanfarina. :thumbsdown:
I agree that Daimler-Chrysler screwed up some of what made Mercedes a premier brand. It isn't the Germans...its the American involvement. Isn't Bugatti under that umbrella too?
Would this ever happen on a higher end Merc? say a SL600...I doubt it, but those cars cost enough that they aren't as M-@ss produced as the E-Class cars I'd think...Hey, at least we have the Chrysler Crossfire that resulted from that merger! woohoo!:confused1: :sneaky2: :patriot:

Eyekandyboats
06-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Haha. the crossfire is a waste!!!. when i bought my mazda rx-8 i was looking at a cross fire as well.... honestly.. i would not even take a second look at it when i sat in it. it reminded my a Hyundai... and the 0-60 time at 7.1 seconds is nothing to talk about. its a sports car. needs to be fast!
Bugatti is a V-Dub, Audi and lambo. all one

the only hi end MB this would not happen in is the AMG series and maybach. they are still built in Germany, unlike these china built models.

RCprince
06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I owned a 2004 kompressor It was a sweet car I loved it...But Volvo just captured me I always loved them....Chrysler destroyed Mercedes( But I love that s65 AMG), Ford destroyed Land Rover and Jaguar. Maybach a gem of a car.....I heard a few years ago that American manufactures were letting major parts of their businesses go, Because they were concentrating on china....300 million people compared to 1.1 Billion, sky would be the limit.

Flying Scotsman
06-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I owned a 2004 kompressor It was a sweet car I loved it...But Volvo just captured me I always loved them....Chrysler destroyed Mercedes( But I love that s65 AMG), Ford destroyed Land Rover and Jaguar. Maybach a gem of a car.....I heard a few years ago that American manufactures were letting major parts of their businesses go, Because they were concentrating on china....300 million people compared to 1.1 Billion, sky would be the limit.

Unfortunately all the large auto manucturers made a lot of mistakes. Ford buying luxury European manufacturers....ditto for GM....MB and Chrysler:flame42: This has led to a watering down and sharing of good and bad technology. A jaguar ford..a gm saab it does not work.
We will be stuck in the future with 3 auto giants...VW...Toyota....Honda.

Douggie

Ctonez
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
yeah, the Crossfire...if the original Mercedes factory aspired to make a Pinto or a Fiero, then we'd get the Crossfire. Embarassing really. Reminds me of the local guy here that has a Lamborghini Countach kit car that has a front mounted VW engine and a cracked windshield.
It looks good from far away if its parked...

ace028
06-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Ew a crossfire, to me it looks cool from the front, but the rear looks like a big butt, I think that pure crysler, and dodge products are the worst of all the lines out there as far as cheapiness in quality. I think that subaru and honda are by far one of the best built and quality for the money. Subaru is kind of like an underdog, they may not be as popular as toyota, honda, but the quality is great, and the STI Impreza is a pretty fast car. But anyways, mercedes does have some awsome stuff in the AMG package, I just drove a CLS 5.5 AMG the other day, and wow its pretty fast, and nice, and its not even the 6.3. Its kind of sad that our dealer wont sell the SLR mclaren, I would love to drive one of those. But I guess starting at about 450,000 for base model is too much of a liability.

Steven Vaccaro
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
My father bought a s430 a couple of years back, it was nice, but spent a ton of time in the shop.

ozboater
06-07-2008, 11:56 PM
amen RCprince... volvo make great cars... my wife has an 04 xc70... we picked it up new while in europe on a military tour... the other cars we tested ( 3 series bmws, x3 bmw, audis, vw ) drove didn t compare... so much more car for the $$$...

god i miss the autobahn :(

ozboater
06-08-2008, 12:38 AM
amen RCprince... volvo make great cars... my wife has an 04 xc70... we picked it up new while in europe on a military tour... the other cars we tested ( 3 series bmws, x3 bmw, audis, vw ) drove didn t compare... so much more car for the $$$...

god i miss the autobahn :(

RCprince
06-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Yea..I also like that s80...I have a s60...what kills me with American auto manufacturers is how cowardice they are in the face of the oil cartel, Why is it Japan and most foreign auto makers can make cars that get over 40 mpg and we're making car that get 16 to 25 mpg and that acceptable. One reason why I'd never by a GM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFhsrbtQObI

Eodman
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
As production #'s go up QC goes down! When they came out with the great idea to build a Merc for the masses ... baby benz the quality started to shift!

At one time you'd see a Benz on the road, BMW too and you were amazed now they are just another car! Just not special !!!!! Too many models!