PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at OSE forum

Mich. Maniac
06-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, since Tom doesnt want us bringing up old threads (I dont blame him) I thought I would put up my feelings of the forum since the "NEW" forum has been around soo long. Seems like back when it took off even in the first few days it was awesome that Steven had 30 members. Now he has hundreds of members and new ones each day. I just want, and hope, new members will go to page 60 of the main forum and read from the beginning. Its really awesome to see how almost all of us have evolved from what was to what is. Through all our builds and non patient screw ups I know at least I have come a LONG way thanks to taking time and reading mistakes and great inventions and ideas from others. Anyway, a BIG thanks again to Steven and all of those "you know who you are" who have put up with my questions and had patience to help me through. I dont have a huge fleet of boats but I now have 2 things "boats" that I can run with confidence each time and would hope to never sell even if I'm hooked on crack!:doh:

Steven Vaccaro
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Mich, When did Tom say old threads could not be brought back? The only complaints I have seen are from people bringing back OLD swap shop threads.

Dont feel you cant post something. Its a free board. Any problems. I'm an email away.

Glad you are on track. Thats what the forum was intended to do. We are a bunch of rc boaters and builders that want to have fun in what we do and spread that fun to the new guys.

ReddyWatts
06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Maybe Tom meant "old threads" from the previous forum format? They are gone.

Hopefully brushless FE is easier for new guys now, since there is a lot more information published on "setups" in this forum, thanks to many people here.

Mich. Maniac
06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
That part was just an inside poke gents. sorry if it came out with more behind it. I was REALLY expressing my appreciation to each and everyone that has been here since the beginning and to those who are new advise them to go back and dig through the old threads to see what has changed since only a year ago.

SJFE
06-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Maybe Tom meant "old threads" from the previous forum format? They are gone.

That is what I really ment & only in the swapshop. I don't mind a blast from the past in the main forum. In fact it's pretty kewl. It was diggin up a year old listing marked sold that was a little much.

RMZDADDY
06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I've been with this forum since the beginning, I've yet to burn anything up in a BL setup, out of three boats. My Hacker 70, two hacker 77's, and now a Hydra 240 have all performed flawlessly, due mainly to the invaluable resource this forum has been.
I feel darn lucky to have access to so much information, and just as lucky to get to know some of the people who have so kindly provided it.
Many thanks to all!