PDA

View Full Version : what battery pack is the best fit

rocket-ron
06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm getting a SV27,and need to know which battery pack work the best,overall. I've noticed that some packs are made in the "stick" style(cells are end to end),and some are made with the cells side by side. Which one will fit the Super Vee 27? Also are the sub c cells rated in "C" ratings? I haven't noticed any C ratings on the battery packs,I've been looking at. I fly planes with lipo battries,and the C rating on the battery's tell you how many amps you can safley draw,without destroying the battries,but I haven't noticed it on the "sub c packs". Any help would be greatly appreciated. RR

H&MWill
06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I have used both and they are both fine. They dont have a C rating. Steven sells some 4500's on here that are stick packs and will work great.
Oh yeah if you just got it you should probably remove the front wooden battery stops.

rocket-ron
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks, How much run time can I expect from the 4500's? RR

H&MWill
06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I ran 4200's and usually I would run about 8 minutes and come in just because things start to get warm by then. You dont want to totally drain the packs. But I would say you will get atleast 8minutes with no problems at all.

rocket-ron
06-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Is there any special method to break the battries in? I never run my lipo'
s hard until I have about 4 cycles on them,but I don't know anything about the sub c battery packs. Ron