PDA

View Full Version : miss gecio problem

phil english
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Haveing a slipping problem at full throttle checked collar on flex drive everything seems tights any suggestions thanks phil

tlandauer
10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by "slipping" though, are you saying the collet is not grabbing the flex cable? Proboat's collet are not the strongest/best , you might need a new one. The Octura ones sold here will fit but you need to grind the motor mount under the collet area a bit because the Proboat has a smaller profile. A trick I learned here from member Fluid is to apply a dab of anti seize compound to the threaded area. http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/lubricants/specialty_lubricants/Permatex_Anti-Seize_Lubricant_a.htm Get the 1 0z. tube sized one at any auto parts store. Item no. 81343
This stuff works wonder, it will allow you to tighten further without damaging to the threaded area of the collet.

gtrcguru
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
prop strut up to high? too small prop? is it cavitating?
if ur prop strut is up to high it will cavitate which can feel like u have slipping issues.

tlandauer
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Which ever case it may be, I like to say that sometimes when a collet is bad, you might think you have it tight, but when there is a load, it will slip. Happened to my DF 45 Sniper, that is a 1/4'' inch cable, I thought I had that big collet really tight, guess what? nearly ruined the whole thing. Been using that anti seize lube ever since that incident. So far not a hitch.