PDA

View Full Version : Revolt wants to go right

eocv
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi guys,
In my last few outings, I noticed that the revolt wants to go/turn right when going straight. Steering trimming does not seem to help, knob is almost all the way left. I checked the servo, linkage, rudder alignment and all is well (with steering knob at 12 oclock). Servo is centered.

I know that the boat kind of leans to the right due to to torque and tried adjusting the right trim tab but she doesn't want to go straight :help:

Any ideas? I'm still a noob with boats so I apologize if this falls in the RTFM category. :confused2:

Eric

hebner
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Check the plastic plate under the servo that is glued to the hull bottom mine came loose. I used automotive Goop to secure the plate.

eocv
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Didn't think of that. I will definitely check. Thanks for the reply!

eocv
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Plastic plate was in place and without play. Still trying to figure this one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siberianhusky
10-03-2012, 06:16 AM
A dull or damaged prop can cause propwalk, basically pulling the transom of the boat to one side causing it to turn.
If everything else is straight and tight it very well could be the prop.
All props even those that come on a RTR boat need a sharpen and balance.
Plenty of good articles on prop work and just requires a few tools, most important is a respirator, the material used in props is very hazardous to your health if you inhale the dust.