PDA

View Full Version : rico 29" build

Chuck E Cheese
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
this is a rico 29" hull that i have had for a while and started building. it was brand new, but drilled when i got it. i plugged the holes with a dowel, laid cf inside and started assembly. it is all brand new, speedmaster hardware (rudder, strut trim tabs), .150 shaft, octura coupler, ul-1 motor and turnigy 120 esc, etti motor mound. alum servo mount and metag gear servo, carbon shelf for battery, prop not yet installed.

steveo
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
i have been wanting to see what a rico would do with spec power , they do very well with p-mono

highflyerbill
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Looks good . Only mistake is the way your cooling the motor . Water should enter at lowest point of cooling jacket and exit at the highest point , that way you eliminate any air pockets that can form at the lowest point of the jacket .

HOTWATER
10-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Looks good Chuck...good to see you building again...and another Rico at that! Love mine!

No worries h>flyer....Chuck has done this a few times before...lol!

-Kent

Chuck E Cheese
10-11-2012, 10:41 PM
some of the guys are running spec boats and this was all pretty much laying around in the tool box. if anyone is interested in it let me know, ive had it for ever and havent driven boats in a long time.. but thanks...

highflyerbill
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
It's just simple hydraulics . Don't mean to step on your toes .

Chuck E Cheese
10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
some of the guys are running spec boats and this was all pretty much laying around in the tool box. if anyone is interested in it let me know, ive had it for ever and havent driven boats in a long time.. but thanks...

Chuck E Cheese
10-12-2012, 03:36 AM
not stepping on my toes, but if you think i don’t run enough pressure to fill the cooling can from the top,your out of your mind. just the simple rudder pick up at a slow speed of 30 mph pushes in allot more water than the exhaust can flow. just my opinion. and seeing as I’ve been doing it this way for years with no heat issues (on motors that make allot more heat than this one) i think I’ll be just fine. also with your (hiflyerbill) expertise, maybe you should talk to the guys that manufacture boats such as aquacraft, proboat, ect... because apparently your more qualified than they are as well.. just like my dad used to always tell me. "why the hell do you think the engeneers at ford didnt put big tires on that truck"? and just like you, as a 16 year old kid i new better than they did!

highflyerbill
10-12-2012, 09:04 AM
It's not a matter of pressure . Did you ever wonder why the bleed port is on the highest point of the caliper . It's because you can't bleed the system from the low point . Simple hydraulics .

Jesse J
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
so if the take point is at the top, it doesn't matter where the input is.
where is the mistake?

Chuck E Cheese
10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
a sealed system is TOTALLY different. i might agree with you if i was running a presureized sealed radiator. on a real boat with an open system heat exchanger it fills from the top and exits on the bottom (maybe you should apply for a job at detroit, cummins or cat as well). but this is an open vented system, its "free flow hydraulics". do you think the city is concerned that they fill underground water pipes from the top (above ground resiviors)? my toilet never seems to not flush from air pockets in that system.. and i have wondered why the caliper bleed port is on the highest point of the caliper. that is actually one of the lowest points of the system when you put it in relation to the master (which is the pump that this system doesnt have)...