PDA

View Full Version : Race Legal SV

ice329
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I wish it was that easy for me to just do some racing but I hardly ever could do it. A few questions ona stock class SV.

Can the drive shaft be changed? not anything bigger just the tube and liner, if that is OK then is a differnt bushing allowed to be changed out?

Can the cooling jacket be changed? How about the tubing?

Trim tabs are fine, turn fin fine, strut and drive fine, Rudder and servo all fine, motor and esc all fine, most everything is the way I would like it and should be race acceptable.

I figure I will build one I would like to race. first I want to know what I need to know about racing the stock SV class. Thanks

Rex R
06-03-2008, 01:33 AM
best answer is to contact the club where you wish to race. some of them have different ideas as to what is allowed. here in wisconsin we basically have tried to keep it as close to 'out of box' as possible stock prop, stock size tabs etc, we do suggest a left side turn fin(provided it is no larger than the right fin(some clubs do not allow them). water jacket change ok, as would maintence changes to shaft & bushing(stock if you please). as far as I know most places let you change the radio. hth
rex

ice329
06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I see, I wasnt sure if there was blanket rules for all stock classes. So its up to individual clubs. Thanks

Rex R
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
thats the way it is w/ most of the boat classes, mostly the clubs use the national rules...its when you get to the 'club' classes that you get some variation. the 'wave blasters' of south florida(iirc) has a set of rules for the sv that are pretty close to standard(for the stock sv). WI uses the left fin because we run them on the 'm course' (w/ a left turn) makes for more fun ;).

ice329
06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I could deal with leaving it stone stock except for cooling and the teflon insert. I could beat a lot of boats with this set up. The SV is a really nice and simple fast boat.