PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft Rattle Inside Prop Strut - and other issues.

IRON-PAWW
09-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi All,

Well, I've never had much luck with my Impulse 31. Really, I've only run it about 5 times. Had a list of issues keeping it off the water. However, a lot of the issues are my own making - I'm guessing. Currently I have a Leopard 4074 2150kv and I usually try running it at 4S. Tried a few different props on it. Currently have an Octura M445 - but have been smaller in the past, that's the biggest prop I've tried. Seaking 180 ESC. OSE .150" flex cable. Dual rudder assembly.

So at the moment the prop shaft is rattling quite a bit when installed inside prop strut. This is with maybe 4 -5 runs so far and a full grease up basically after each run. I'm guessing I shouldn't be able to rattle the propshaft around much at all when installed, but I can. It isn't massive, but there is looseness there, and definitely looks unhealthy to me. Why has this happened after so few runs? Is it meant to be loose like that? I notice there are no prop strut bushings as spares here on OSE. Seems you can buy the whole strut from the Proboat website but last I checked they don't ship to Australia. Just that I'm guessing the bushing has somehow become flogged out. Any ideas about what's happened with this and I'd be grateful.

Other issues. Boat has a tendency to submarine - spectacular, but not when that rips the canopy off, snapping it in half, and the boat fills with water. Any ideas how to stop the submarine thing?

LVC seems to be getting activated after only about 30 seconds. This is a recent development and has me perplexed. Usually I run 2 x 2S 5000Mah 50C batts in series and that is fine. I read others have this issue and go 2 x 4S batts in parallel for the extra amperage. That will be the setup for my next try. Comments on that?

Stock drive coupler flew apart on the second run!

Don't get me wrong - this is probably one the best RC boat designs I have come across, so, Kudos for that. Just that mine hasn't done so well so far........