PDA

View Full Version : Essenze Mono2

sampit
09-28-2012, 07:14 AM
This will be a fun boat when it arrives its a German made hull with a flood chanel build in, and really nice high quility it should be with me in three weeks.
going to run it on a leopard 4074 1400kv motor on 6s 42mm prop

Specifications:
Fuselage length: about 75cm
Width: about 23cm
Weight: about 550g

this is one is running a 4s setup. what do you think? hope this video is a for real and not speeded up, but it does looks a bit skippy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRGxGRKvXVw

rcboatmanwithkids2880
09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi mate ,

Thought the pic showed a bit of a lemon , though watching the YouTube vid has changed my mind !!! . Will be interesting in seeing what you do with yours ...

Brad
Oz

sampit
09-28-2012, 07:29 AM
yeah I know what you mean, they handle well with a bit of chop, there is a few guys racing them here in the UK but the etti Exiga is hard to beat, but I had one of them and sold it
no more recovery boat, or wet feet for me. its to cold

banixj
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
that model started to come in our country few months ago: only few peoples are driving that boat and they're all satisfied...
for my opinion it's like a plane, so water must be flat and wind must be absent....

Mattwarner
09-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Where from Sam? Looks good!

NativePaul
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Heaths Rc Models I would guess in the UK. If you had to import it yourself sorry Sam, when you posted on AStec I wasn't sure what the Essenze was, I suspected it was this one but the picture here makes it obvious.

Lee Heath's Essenze has certainly been very impressive this year, it has awesome brakes, is easy on the juice, and copes with rough water as well as any other Mono2, but doesn't like really strong winds. I foresee more Essenzes and less Exigas racing round here next year.

sampit
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Yes, Heaths models Matt, pauls right. 3 weeks for delivery, I do also have another contact for the same hull in Carbon Fibre at a good price, but they are close to double the weight.

Paul, Any idea were I can get a 530mm sprung steel wire drive system made up?
I found a company on German ebay ,but not answering my emails, maybe they dont understand my English lol.

Sam

NativePaul
10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Lee's Essenze is a carbon one and it is very light indeed, RTR with cells in it is noticeably lighter than his old boat without cells in. Probably not cheap though.

Paul Williams made all my wires for me, but he doesn't make them any more, Paul sold or gave his wire making tools to Phil on the AStec forum when he stopped boating and I heard that Phil was making the same great wires on a small scale, but whether that is still the case I can't say. I'm sure Jeff Wohlt at Wohlts RC boats will make them to any length but they are in America and postage will be expensive for a fairly cheap part. AStec sell the ETTI wire drive stub shafts separately and with one of those, a bottle of Loctite 603 and some piano wire from you local model shop you could make up a 530mm wire yourself quite easily as long as you don't mind a 4mm stub.

My longest wire is about 500mm, it has a fair bend on it, a centre bearing aft of the stuffing tube and still whips a little at some RPMs, if it is going to be 530mm and more or less straight in a stepped mono I would suggest that you will want 3 bearings down the length, as well as the strut and motor bearings.

sampit
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Paul, the one Lee has is around £100, a bit much for me, I have bought a few etti 4mm stubs i have made up few wire 2.2 mm drives with a bottle of 603 already, but they are a bit short for this hull,
like you say I think i would need a three bearing shaft maybe?
I have found this company in Germany that can make a 2.5mm shafts at around 530mm, but not sure how much of the tail of the shaft I would need to come out the rear of Essenze a guess this picture of one is around 100mm but not 100%, I can get a 550mm shaft with 70mm 80mm 90mm 100mm 110mm 120mm out the rear but, not sure what effect it would have on the running if i bought one to short or to long? the exiga M2 has around 80mm but totaly diffrent hulls. i think the etti 2.5mm might be a little bit short at 450mm

http://stores.ebay.de/cmt-modellparts/Strut-Trimm-Wellenanlagen-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=3497758016&_sid=1093384166&_sop=10&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

NativePaul
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
£100 seems like bit of a bargain for a hill of that size, weight, quality and performance. An ETTI Mono1 is about the same price, you must have paid a fair whack more for your Exiga, and I know which I would rather have.

From memory I would say Lee's stinger is about 90mm, and is the same as the one in your picture, I have not measured it however. I expect Lee would be willing to put a ruler on it if you asked him.

The wire is too short or the stub is too short? Wire is no problem my model shop sells it in 1m lengths so it is a small matter of rolling them on the glass counter till you find one with a 530mm straight section. If the stub is too short you could mod the stinger to take a bearing half way down and one at the end instead of 1 at each end, after all struts work fine and the bearings are 50mm apart at the most. Or just use a strut.

The wires I use have a nose piece, which I like as it increases the surface area for the Loctite bond, and it means that if you ever snap a wire you wont lose your prop and stub, but it also means you can only use them with struts, so if you want to use a stinger they are out.

sampit
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
£100 for the driveline on it own.not the hull. I wish.

sampit
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Just trying to upload a picture of what I already have, but having a few problems with photobucket on my phone at the mo.
I have only got a 2.2mm wire conected to a 4mm etti stub shaft, and the etti etti stinger but nothing else to run it in. would I just need some alloy tube?
its this one, but not sure if i could make use of it, i have had it my bit box for a while. any think to save a few quid would be nice.

http://www.etti.com.hk/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=104

sampit
10-02-2012, 06:00 PM
The nose piece sounds like a great idea. do you make them or can they be bought?

NativePaul
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm sure that ETTI stinger can be made to work, maybe mount it on a block to stand it off the transom if it should be longer than it is.
I've never used a proper stinger, most of my boats are Cats or Hydros which all use struts,and my Mono1 uses a strut too. The only other mono I have made used a fixed brass tube stinger with a 4x7 bearing slipped down it, a piece of telescoping brass tube slipped in it to stop that bearing moving then a 4x7 flanged bearing on the prop end, at the front of the stinger it had a short length of telescoping brass tube soldered inside each other until the full length stuffing tube fitted and I soldered that into it pushed the PTFE in and glued the whole lot into the hull, its simple cheap smooth running and strong, but can't be adjusted, and uses a flex not a wire. If I was doing it again for wire the stuffing tube would be bigger to take the bearings (maybe bigger than the opening in your ETTI stinger? If so you would need to telescope out not in) to hold the bearings in the stuffing tube you have 2 options, Loctite which is light and easy but means you have to rip the stuffing tube out to change the bearings. Alternatively put lengths of the next size down telescoping tube inside the main stuffing tube spacing the bearings apart, which pretty much doubles the weight of the tube but if there is only a slight bend in the tube it means you can take the stinger and motor off then push the bearings and spacer tubes out the front easily by shoving an old piece of flex/coat hanger into the back.

These are the wires that Paul made me, shown on fastelectrics.net (http://www.fastelectrics.net/drives.php), if you like the looks of them it might be worth a PM to Phil on the AStec forum to see if he can help you out.
http://www.fastelectrics.net/images/wiredrives/wire1.jpg

brett657
10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Well This boot is looking nice and interesting...and nice specifications also i really like it but i read that the experiences and opinions of racers that have been running that particular rc boot (http://www.nitrotek.nl/rc-boten.html) found it hard in the beginning but when you have some experience they assure that it always a fun....so be careful in the beginning.