PDA

View Full Version : supervee 27 battery issue

bllawins
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
ok, im new to this. last time i posted, it was verry helpful, thank you all. right now im wondering if i can run a seven cell and a six cell battery at the same time in a supervee 27?

ChaKane
06-02-2008, 03:50 AM
It is preferable to run backs of the same type to prevent any issues. If one pack is of a greater voltage or capacity, than can cause issues with the other pack and ultimately your boat.

Best advice is to run two of the same packs to avoid any problems.

planezero
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Put in other words; it doesn't matter at all AS LONG AS the cells are of the same brand and type.
I would put the heavier pack on the right side, since you should mostly be making right hand turns anyway ;-)

ice329
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Someone just PMed me I will answer this Am I right? I dont know but I dont care here is my thought. I would never run anything differnt then two matched or twins. Like I would not even run a IB with a Tenergy. IB with IB, and so on. I personally definatly would not run a 7.2 and a 8.4 together. Can You? I guess you can do anything but do you want to. If you want to and it works for you then do it. I would not, simple. So thats about all I know. Maybe its my own rule but that is how I run my things, I like matched stuff. G/L

I had 6 cells of all differnt values, they were all nice and I played with the idea of making a pack. I just wasnt to thrilled with what could happen to a lower capacity cell so I never made the pack. Things just should match in this RC stuff.

planezero
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Ice, you are right and I changed my post cause it was misleading.
As long as the cells of the same type and brand it doesnt matter how many you stick left or right. I think that was BLLWINS' question.
The SV27 can take from 12,13 or 14 cells. Even read someone doing 15 but thats over the limit of the ESC.
You should NEVER mix cell brands/types in high amp applications.

bllawins
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
you guys are awesome. and its bllawins. ill be on here for a while. i love this thing. im always pushing my rc toys to the limits. this is my newest thing. and also my first forum. i will keep you guys posted. ive got the two 7 cell thing down thanks to you guys. my next thing is upgrading the motor and speed controll. if you guys have any ideas let me know, id greatly appreciate it

planezero
06-03-2008, 05:47 PM
The Electrifly Ammo 2300 is a nice start, which can be used with the stock ESC.
Make sure you dont overprop it as you will burn stuff.
(Search for Ammo in this forum)

If you want more power you could go for a Feigao 9XL, but then you definately need to upgrade the ESC which can become costly.
People say the HiModel GX Series 200A is a steal for $62, but you need to make it waterproof before you can stick it in a boat !

An (imo better) alternative would be to continue using stock SV motor and esc as it is and get lipo's, experiment with a bigger prop.

Lipo's will give you more runtime, more power and less weight.
And trying different props is a great way to speed up your boat, learn about your boat and have fun with it.
More importantly there is way less risk of burning stuff up with the stock stuff...