PDA

View Full Version : seaking 180 a and lipo battery discharge problem

benjijames
09-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi,
I have a seaking 180 a esc on my miss geico and I have a problem of discharge. When I start to ride the boat on 5S or 6S, every cells have a tension of 4,20 v. Until 3,70 V, the cells discharge at the same rate.
But when the voltage reaches 3,70 V, the voltage of the battery on the right side goes down suddenly, the battery on the right side gets warm and sometimes swells. For example on 2S, one cell is 3,20 v and the other one 3,40 volt. The balance disappears. No problem with the battery on the left side of the boat. I have tried to change the battery (2S and 3S) and even the motor, but I always encounter the same problem. So I definitely need to stop the boat at 3,70 v, otherwise I kill the battery on the right side. From what I know, I should be able to ride until 3,30 volt (recommended cut-off level )
Do you think my esc has a problem ? I power my receptor with a separated battery pack.
Anyone has a solution to my problem ? Thanks a lot.

Make-a-Wake
09-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Dont run them past 3.7v resting voltage, that is basically depleted.................

MORIDE
10-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I suspect one of your batteries has an issue, maybe high internal resistance from overheating. Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usRE3gLFnOc&list=D9B3E375986A248B if you do not have that meter you can use a regular voltage meter to measure before/after voltage use the same 2 100watt bulbs and use 8amp draw that will give you an idea of your batt IR. The 3.7 v is the unloaded voltage, the batts had lower voltage under load while running, 3.7 after run is fine, you can set it for 3.2 volts per cell for LVC, what is it set at now?

Has the ESC been wet? I had an issue with my 180 after submerged, it hit LVC in seconds even with fresh batts, research showed that many had the same problem with Seaking ESC's, took it apart (hade moisture in it) let it dry, sprayed CorrosionX and resealed with RVC, works great now! Keep all hook up wires at a minimum and use 8 or 10 gauge. I have not heard of an ESC depleting one batt quicker than another, with like batteries, but I am no expert, just personal experience.