PDA

View Full Version : Received my Revolt too - QC looks good!

ktodd
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
I am posting this due to the numerous postings I've read regarding the poor QC with these RTR boats. Maybe I'm lucky but I didn't find any of the issues that other people have had (i.e. stuffing tube alignment, loose hardware, hull defects, etc). I am new to the electric side of boating but have been racing nitro - on and off - for 25 yrs. I am not a RTR type of guy, but being new to electrics, and the reasonable price, I wanted to try them if only to get a better idea of how the set-up differs from nitro. I would easily spend the cost of this boat on just hardware and engine mounts for my nitro boats! This is my third AquaCraft boat (two of them purchased from OSE - they are AWESOME) and, for what they are, I am very pleased with their quality. I was a bit disappointed with the SV27 set-up (mainly the no tape canopy design, anodized hardware and the radio box). The Revolt, however, is more of an oval race boat priced to help get anyone on the water and close to dialed-in. I don't think this boat is really marketed to the first-time boater either. No mono is ideal for that as they require a LOT of tweeking to get them right. Once you get them trimmed out, the water changes and you have to tweek some more. Thats' heat racing and part of the fun (sometimes frustration) as far as I'm concerned. This boat (and LiPo technology) has renewed my passion for boat racing and I look forward to building a more serious electric boat in the future.

Having said that, I have learned sooo much about electrics on this forum and I appreciate everyone's participation. I have learned that, apparently, the hulls that dominate nitro (Seaducer) don't always work as good for electric (not sure why, but that's another topic). Forums like this save us all a lot of frustration and head-aches when deciding on our next build or another speed trick to try.

Thanks guys (and Gals) and keep posting!!

MAMBA2200
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
glad to hear the only real problem with mine was the bent flex shaft as far as the other things loose hardware and things of this nature well thats the fun part getting to fix and prep your specific boat the way that you want it at least it is for me i love my revolt and it should be in the water by thursday of this week i will make a video of the maiden voyage to post up here hope you will keep us updated also on yours :beerchug:

ktodd
09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
"well thats the fun part getting to fix and prep your specific boat the way that you want it at least it is for me"

Me too. I am going to strip all the hardware off, sharpen and drop in the tumbler for a little "bling" before I even get to the water :)

MAMBA2200
09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Wish i had a tumbler i would do the same

jfrancisco892
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Tumbler?

MAMBA2200
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Like a rock polisher its a round drum that turns and tumble polishes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ktodd
09-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I say tumbler, but I actually have a media polisher used for polishing brass casings for reloading ammo. It's a vibrating bowl with ground up corn cob as the media. Dump in the hardware and a couple hours later - whalla!! BLING! :cool2:

MAMBA2200
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
cant wait to see how it turns out k

ktodd
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm out-of-state working at the moment but I will post some pix when I get it done.