PDA

View Full Version : my current fleet

iridebikes247
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey guys here are my my boats after being into FE for about a year now. I started about 18 years ago with a few boats of which were an ABC super hawaii, MRP Fountain 42" and an MRC Nordic Vee. I started on the forums last december and picked up my first boat, an MHZ Nomad XL from one of the members on this forum because of a fantastic deal that was offered. The MHZ boat came with twin t600 outrunners and I ran it on 4s for about 4 months with seaking 120 escs and it ran beautifully. I have been hooked into the hobby for years, an unfortunate neck injury prompted my return as I was in very bad pain for a few months and was limited so I spent my days reading the forums and they were great help. I have since recovered and will continue working on the boats for years to come, thanks again guys!

First boat is the yellow MHZ Nomad XL 42" cat. The boat has speedmaster hardware, hughey shafts, x447s, seaking 180s and twin leopard 4082s. Boat is run on 5-6s per side and speed is in the low 60s.

Second boat the deep v is a very cool old school boat. The boat was bought originally by my dad as his boat to run with my super hawaii, anyway it came with a brushed 540 and a ridiculously small prop. All stock hardware and fittings removed and the boat now runs a FC drive, leopard 4092 1390kv with x447 prop and twin 5s packs for a total of 10,000 MAH. Painted the boat with krylon fusion and used West System epoxy and fiberglass cloth for reinforcement. Boat runs about 35mph and looks great doing so especially considering its a 20yr old plastic hull :thumbup1:

Third we have a genesis hull....we've all seen them before. This boat is far from finished and has no hardware just pain and has been heavily reinforced with epoxy and cloth. I'm thinking twin 4074 2200kv, seaking 180s, 5s per side? :biggrin: My better judgement tells me this is a nonsense setup but I would love to see what this little boat can take even if it only stays on the water for a few seconds.

Lastly is my newest project the big FC Super Daytona! I am really excited to get started on this boat and will be expecting deliveries from MHZ, Horracing and a few other places to get this thing on the water. There aren't many of these boats out there yet but I had a FANTASTIC experience dealing with FC and their new management. Kevin is great at FC and the boat arrived extremely well packaged. Like many in the market for a big cat I was torn between this hull and the HPR/MHZ works of art. I saw I could get away with having the super daytona shipped to my house along with a large majority of the running hardware for less than a single MHZ hull. Quality is decent, similar to the genesis but figure you'll have to do some reinforcing (need to instill some confidence if I'm looking for 80-90mph runs).

Build will consist of (nothing finalized yet)
Twin 300A swordfish esc
FC drives/FC rudder assembly
12s 5300 mah gens ace packs per side
Leopard 5692 730kv motors
x457 props for the maiden
JBS racing mystic 138 decal set (depending on closer inspection of mhz/fc hull lines for proper fitment)

**The mhz boat, and fountain haven't received the Rockstar energy stickers yet (repainted a few days ago), super daytona just got here a few days ago so no work yet.

Anyway I hope everyone enjoys the few pictures, ideas for the two daytonas are welcome as I haven't bought much for either yet.

Make-a-Wake
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
The second boat which is yellow and white looks to be a 40" MRP Fountain, it originally came with a 540 which ran on 6 cells or 12 cells at your throttle input thru a mechanical speed control. I have one and it is absurdly light, I have a 1600kv 4574 in it on 5s with an x442, fun boat!

iridebikes247
09-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Yup it is the mrp. Mine was light until i epoxied it now its got some weight to it and is way stiffer than my fiberglass cats. It is a challenge getting the older boats to run well and with speed but its quite rewarding when your plastic boat from 20 years ago keeps up with new school boats. Getting it to corner well will be my next challenge.

Make-a-Wake
09-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Mine corners well...............and yes, i love making the older stuff faster:buttrock: