PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho GT2 --XO-1 chaser

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 06:48 PM
As my good friend said: "You have too many irons in the fire." He is right.

SOLD!!! GT-2 Conversion ALA Fine Design RC.

Wheels: White ones are cheap from China 10 min. run time. Black ones are SWEEP brand tires and were just mounted for pictures.

Spare parts are from chassis as I got it and I bought new plastic side plates and never mounted them.

There is also a tie rod kit never installed.

I never took it past 40mph (set esc to 40% max throttle limit) because after the fun of building it, going out to test it I found out it is too much of an rc car for me. Partly since I'm really only into boats and partly because I can never safely drive it being in a wheelchair. Basically I bit off more than I can drive.

I cannot get a high enough vantage point to drive it to it's max.

Since this car with a the NEU 1527 .5Y (2500KV) can do 70 mph on 2S (40C cells min!!!... I used 2S2P 25C cells) you really only need a decent 2S or 3S pack to run it up to 100 mph as claimed by Fine Design. Something like a 6000- 6700Mah 40C pack.

Car has a total of 10 minutes run time with no body on.

Body is Ipanema Warrior and Ipanema Warrior Bumper. Paint is transparent yellow backed in gold leaving a look of deep Goldish yellow metalic. For a complete newbie its a darn nice paint job and has no mileage.

Please research this setup on Fine Design's website if you are not familiar with it.

SOLD!!

POST ALL DIBS HERE AND PLEASE PAYPAL ONLY, Thank You!!

For anyone in Canada that is interested in this post your dibs here and we can work out a price if you pick up at my place or need shipping in Canada.

My loss is your gain. You can go chase a XO-1 around on less voltage and for about 1/2 the price.

Part it out and make a few bucks I don't care. Motor is still usable for a boat even though the 8mm shaft is cut down fairly short. a coupler still fits.

Lots of pictures too load... getting hungry...

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM
POST ALL DIBS HERE AND PLEASE PAYPAL ONLY, Thank You!!

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 06:53 PM
MOre pics

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
more

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 06:57 PM
last 2

JMSCARD
09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Ray you wouldnt be interested in trading for a brand new one month old wifi iPad 3 (latest and greatest) with a $100 zagg "wifi" carbon hardcover/keyboard and HD zagg screensaver... It was a splurge and have used it a total of five times as I have a 4s, and a Mac... I paid $599 iPad, 109 hardcover, and $30 for the HD zagg screensaver... I pad is as brand new not one scratch never been out of case... If not no biggy I think I will still take this as knowing you, you probably already have one!

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you for the nice offer but, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do with one of those thingy's :blush:

Those are cool devices but, I'm really old school with phones/ computers...

Now if you had a new pair of Dinogy 65C, 6S 5000's and $150 cash I'd take that!!

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I also have a set of padded body clips from hobbyking somewhere here.

JMSCARD
09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Ray I still want the car... I need to get my PayPal linked back up for direct transfer as my old card on file expired its only linked to my checking account as an echeck for that reason as I just found out now lol... I will take the car if you can give me a couple days to get the PayPal bs squared away. Lmk if that works... Thanks my friend!

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Consider it sold then, Jim is it right?

Thank you. No problemo, I can wait.

JMSCARD
09-21-2012, 09:57 PM
No Ray its Jason... Haha I've been gone for a bit. Can you PM me your PayPal addy and I will get the funds out as soon ASAP. I want that thing bad now haha

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 10:04 PM
PM coming. It's far too much for me. Even the 41" mono I built was kinda out of my league but, it will be fun.

When I go to run boats I'm always up in a precipice of some kind and I can see my boat when it's going 50 to 70mph... not so easy with a car if you don't have a place to run it.

It was fun to build. The backbone is 4mm Superhard Carbon fiber from aerospace laminates. It's like a rock.

Remember the esc is set to only 40% throttle right now.

Thank you Jason.

Make-a-Wake
09-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Fine looking auto there!

ray schrauwen
09-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Thank you.

I painted a mono 15 years ago like this but in reverse of course. A chopped down SuperVee. Looked like Gold Fingers boat.

JMSCARD
09-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Got your PM ray, and thanks again...

JMSCARD
09-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Ray you have been Paid... guess it didn't take a few days to fix the paypal issue... amazing what we are capable of when we want something :) thanks again my friend... I am pretty close to you being in Vermont, but if it works out to be less money to ship to a business rather then my home address lmk... I can give you that addy via PM... the Paypal addy is my home address... thanks again for all!!!!

ray schrauwen
09-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Just a couple shots of how it's packed.

That is 1/8" masonite wood under the chassis and epoxy coated 1/8" ply on bottom.

Alll tie wrapped down snug. Packed with large bubble wrap, white closed cell foam etc.

The body is wrapped in tissue then wrapping paper, then plastice bag, then air bags in cavity etc, you get the picture.

Nothing shifts or rattles as best I can lift the 8-10lbs.

Tirees etc. are bundled in large bubble wrap and act as pasking itself.

The outside wrapped with lots of tape, specially over the wood so it doesn't snag.

I will ship tomorrow by expidited Canada Post.

I could have teied to get it there by 5 today but, nothing moves until tomorrow 5pm; thats Canada post. Should take about a week maybe less since you are physically pretty close.

One thing I forgot, (2) 4-40 Nylon locknuts for the motor mounts. I only put 2 since I only planned to test it and if I were to go any faster, I would have added them. Just slipped my mind, sorry. :sorry:

ray schrauwen
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Shipped... Info in PM.

Thanks again,

Ray

JMSCARD
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Awesome ray! Any reason why I can't run 2s2p with a pair of 35-70c 5000mah nano techs? And 3s2p for speed runs with 3300 turnigy 30-40c packs? Just wondering as I have those on hand! Thanks again for all I really appreciate the fine packing job!!!!... Unlike my boats I tend to run my cars/truck rc's pretty hard lol ... Gonna put clear 3m tape on the chassis... But it is gonna get a few marks on her!

ray schrauwen
09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Well, I didn't include any parellel connectors because I use them in Geico.

No problemo it's just a bigger tank, very similar to what I ran, just higher C rating.

As long as you can get them to fit and they won't fly out you are fine but,you need 2P adapters.

You have to pack a car like that I figure otherwise the body would get trashed or something will fly around.

14lbs all done up. Boxed up I mean...

JMSCARD
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Good news thanks Ray! I have 2p adapters coming out my a@! Lol no worries there:) all for
My big boats that are now sold:( but will be replaced! Haha thanks again for all Ray... I'll take some vids at warp speed for ya:)

srislash
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I would like to see this go.

JMSCARD
09-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Package came today Ray!!! Couldn't be happier, you should hold shipping & handling seminars, finest packing job I've seen in a long time... Just goes to show I know who builds quality stuff on this forum, and you surely do Ray!!! Haha... Thanks for everything, the body looks much better in person then the pics, and fits the car perfectly... I will take some vids ASAP of it moving out, soldering up some packs now:) Big, big thanks Ray!

ray schrauwen
09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Just glad you received it in AOK. Thank you !!

ray schrauwen
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Sticker from motor box:

JMSCARD
10-04-2012, 04:37 PM
cool, wow its bigger then the ones he sells in his option 5 kit currently... I just did some reading and haven't seen another one with a 1527, but the box says DS at the end of it... must have something to do with the fact the motor has output shafts coming "out" of both ends of the motor for the "car" use... if you know the programming for the radio/esc that would be cool.... the box is easy to use but I do think its not reaching full throttle.

Thanks Again!