PDA

View Full Version : Seaking 180 problem

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Second one that has done this to me after sitting up for most of the summer. They are going lv just seconds in to a run. Reprogrammed the esc and lowered the cutoff and still the same result.
Do the caps go bad without using them for an extended period of time?
I'm running 4s2p and the batts are checking 4.1 on all cells when the unit goes lv.
Anybody?

carleverett711
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi I have had 4 or 5 t180 esc both turnigy and seaking versions 1 & 2 (love them) the newer ones with extra caps and I have had the same problem with all of them at one time or another more so with 6s setups than 4s setups. I solved the problem by getting rid of the bec and running a 2s rec battery from hk they are 5 or 6 dollars shipped 2000 mah 6c. Since then 0 problems but The other thing to look at is the current of your lipos the higher they are the better they will work with the bec

driftah
09-21-2012, 09:21 AM
or turn off lvc and just wait for lipos to fade a touch,you will get an eye for when...I know I have anyways.

dana
09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
What's your setup?

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 09:47 AM
My pursuit is running a castle 1515 2200 m445 4s timing low. Batts are anything from sky to poly which doesn't seem to matter.
Hell, the setup just doesn't matter when it's going lv in 10 seconds. This setup was running low fifties with no heat earlier this year. That why I was wondering if letting a esc sit with charged caps will cause the problem.
I've had setups with external bec but it shouldn't matter for lv cutoff.

Bigbore
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I solved this problem by telling how many cells will be connected to the ESC. Are you using auto cell count?

dana
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Is the castle a y wind like the the Neu counterpart is? I run mine at 15 timing.

SirBudman32
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
stadiumyamaha, I was running the same set up in my Genesis. CC1515 2200, T-180, M445 on 2 5s batteries. I too run a external bec and have the lvc set at 3.2. After doing a lot of reading on the T-180 it seemed a lot of people where having the same problem, going into low volt early. I seen a lot just turn it off and time you run. And yes the CC1515 is a y wind timing set at 15 degrees.

Brushless55
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
interesting to see what is going on here
I have a T180 shutting down to 10-15% after about 2min, and no heat issues at all....

Make-a-Wake
09-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey Todd, have you recalibrated the ESC as it was band new per the instructions? If you dont have any I will post them for you. It happened to me when I was out in the lead a good way in a NAMBA event last year and it cost me............ I recalibrated and it worked fine..........crazy deal. Also, just turn the darn LVC off or see if 2.8v works, you know how long you can run........or real close anyways.:Peace_Sign:

carleverett711
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
As stated I have had the same issues I have 5 of these esc they all are in good working condition but the runs are 2 minutes or less unless remove the lvd and I time them 4 to 5 minutes and batteries are around 3.6 per cell thats why I got rid of the bec now lvd works and the run times where they should be .None of my setups are crazy(example) the genesis is 2 2s 5000 65c run in series with a t180 and a leo 4082 1650kv prop is m445 the esc batteries and motor are always just at the 100 degree temp which I cosider cool.

dana
09-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Usually after 2 minutes there isn't gonna be much heat. I think the problem can be too much stress on the esc due to wring prop or setup.
An example would be my mean machine. I was playing with strut depth, and I noticed when I buried the strut, the lvc cut in after about 30 seconds. So I raised it up 1/8 and got a minute. So I just raised it up above sponsons 1/4 inch and the problem completely went away. I think having the strut so low was causing the motor to overwork to turn the prop. Now it doesn't need to work so hard. Try a smaller prop and see what happens

Make-a-Wake
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I have had a 2p setup eliminate the problem using 2.8v cutoff. In my Pursuit I went from 2 x 2s 5000 40c's in series to 2 x 4s 4000 40c's in parallel, I now have 320 continuous amps available as opposed to 200a in the 2 x 2s.

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Dana. I was wondering if maybe the load was too high but the thing ran perfectly the last time I ran it on the same setup. What type of protection do the seaking have built in to them.
I run 4s2p exclusively. For sport running cutting off the lv is just a pain because there's no set stop point.
I can't think of the wind is on the castle, I'll have to look.

SirBudman32
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
the CC1515 2200 is a Y wind

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Here's my setup if it helps. 84870

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Wake. I would like to see the recal on the seaking.

Make-a-Wake
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM

If you mean how to do it, here it is:

Handgun style TX:

Move the throttle stick to the maximum position, full throttle.
Connect Batteries to be used.
after 2 seconds........beep, beep. Full throttle confirmed
Release stick to neutral........beep, beep. Neutral confirmed.

Reverse doesnt need to be "ranged", but its there if you choose to activate it, its kinda handy really............you just dont push to reverse for any reason when moving and be mindful of it.

The biggest thing here is to make sure the throttle trim is at neutral, not a hair forward or it'll rev all the way up and blow the motor(how do I know???:doh:)...........if its too far back then full range wont be known............etc.

Brushless55
09-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Handgun style TX:

Reverse doesnt need to be "ranged", but its there if you choose to activate it, its kinda handy really............you just dont push to reverse for any reason when moving and be mindful of it.

The biggest thing here is to make sure the throttle trim is at neutral, not a hair forward or it'll rev all the way up and blow the motor(how do I know???:doh:)...........if its too far back then full range wont be known............etc.

Ouch

dana
09-21-2012, 07:20 PM

Handgun style TX:

My throttle is set to reverse with trim all the way up.

Bigbore
09-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Are you using auto cell count? On my Seaking 180A I solved the lvc issue by programming the number of cells I'm going to use and I have the lvc at 3.2V.

stadiumyamaha
09-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I always set the cell count.

Make-a-Wake
09-21-2012, 09:20 PM
My throttle is set to reverse with trim all the way up.

Yeah throttle set to reverse, forgot that part................