PDA

View Full Version : Mini rio is this right?

SweetZ28
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi guy's take a look at these photos.... i think they may have installed my stuffing tube in crooked!! ...looks like they glued the lexan section that the battery gets velcroed on in so crooked it made my stuffing tube have to be installed crooked ...IS this how they are or did i get a screwed up one!!

Bigmax
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
The alignment on mine looked similar. I was able to resolve most of it by putting ~3 layers of electrical tape on the back edge of the motor mount tilt the motor a little more. I also put a small (1/4") piece of antenna tube in the stuffing tube so that it couldn't rub on the brass tube.

Take it apart and work with it a little bit and you should be able to get the alignment much better.

SweetZ28
06-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Ok will do.
THANKS FOR THE HELP:welcome:

Ctonez
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd make sure first...when folks were tripping out about the SV27 strut being canted a little off-center (some guys were grinding theirs flat) Grimracer told us it was manufactured that way to counter prop-walk.

Is it possible that the same design element is being implemented here?

SweetZ28
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Thanks I am just going to straighten out the motor so the flex cable sets in the center of the brass pipe so it won't hit the top like in the photo.