PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico OPC!

BHChieftain
09-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Here's my son's birthday present-- "Miss Geico" OPC Tunnel (this was Darin Jordan's old "Futaba" OPC at one point I think). I used a Dumas Hotshot cowling kit with Krylon Fusion yellow, and black for the windshield (no primer, and wetsanded with 600grit between coats). After 1 week to let the paint cure I then used Krylon clearcoat, and finally added the Miss Geico decals (from the proboat catamaran) and some pinstriping.

Here's a run on a propped down x437. My favorite prop is an m440, but that is a bit hot for my son at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pal0qWj6cRI

macace123
05-30-2013, 08:44 AM
I love it how much and how soon can you ship ill get the funds tonight or tomorrow morning. pp info

Mike Caruso
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM
He doing great! Nice driving.

dirtnsnowrider
05-30-2013, 09:46 PM
For what it is worth. Your son drives better than half the guys I run with.............:thumbup1:

Nice looking boat to boot...

Darin Jordan
05-30-2013, 09:57 PM
That was a great boat when I had it! Huge improvement over the TS-2's we were running initially... HOWEVER... it was a SPEKTRUM boat when I had it... What the heck is a "Futaba"?? ;)

tlandauer
05-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Great driving and beautiful tunnel! Wish I could drive like your son does!
I like the shape of the Dumas cowling. Made one for the ML PS -295.
I got Tunnel Fever right now, VS-1 and ML PS-295. Just ordered a TS3, will be doing a build in the coming weeks.

Brushless55
06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I dig the looks of that sucker!

BHChieftain
07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
That was a great boat when I had it! Huge improvement over the TS-2's we were running initially... HOWEVER... it was a SPEKTRUM boat when I had it... What the heck is a "Futaba"?? ;)

It came with a Futaba canopy, not sure who snuck that one on when you originally sold it. 8^)
(see 4th picture)

Also-- got a question on a pending repair-- the boat got rammed and it chipped off some of the side-lip on the rear of the left sponson (see pics). The bottom lip (extending off the sponson bottom) is undamaged. Should I bother trying to repair that lip (which would entail rebuilding the side sponson decking-- PITA), or can I just grind off the corresponding lip on the left side to make it match visually? I can't think why this particular lip would affect handling, but I thought I'd check (I've run the boat like this and can't see any difference...)

Chief

tlandauer
07-06-2013, 08:50 PM
My humble opinion is that you clean the 'wounded" area and graft another piece of ply wood to match the undamaged side. The starboard side is in great shape, would be a pity to grind that off in order to match the port side.
My $.02

BHChieftain
07-07-2013, 01:44 AM
My humble opinion is that you clean the 'wounded" area and graft another piece of ply wood to match the undamaged side. The starboard side is in great shape, would be a pity to grind that off in order to match the port side.
My $.02

You are probably right... so many boats, so little time...

Chief