PDA

View Full Version : PB fastech 26 FAST!!!!!!!

fasttech 38
05-31-2008, 06:46 PM
:bounce: first run today after workin all the bugs out of the RTR system. took the hobby shop about week and a half. the boat is a rocket ship out of the box. no lipos .
seams faster then an video of the BJ 26 i have seen. very happy with the end product. all problems out of the box where minor. boat is very stable except in the turns have to let out of the gas to make it turn , proly something to do with the rutter steering system. try to get some video of a run up by tomorrow.

Ocean Racer
05-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Most boats have a limit to how much speed they can take in a turn. The water condtions help and hurt this limit. Turn fins help you increase this limit you can get them from here.

kahnen
05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Thats good to hear. I liked that boat and if I hadn't converted my villain to brushless I was going to get it.

Speaking of turn fins, if you haven't already done so, changing the angle of the ones it has to be 90 degrees from the BOTTOM of the hull will probably help with the turning at speed. Proboat seems to put their turn fins straight up and down for some reason

fasttech 38
06-01-2008, 02:27 PM
thanks for the info!!!! the turn fins follow the side of the boat they are turned inward to be parralle to the side boat. next question how much will i gain go to a octura X642 balanced and polished prop?

kahnen
06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't know what prop it comes with but the motor cranks a x642 quite well. I think the speed will be quite noticable. :smile:

LiPo Power
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I have just installed X642. If I have a chance to get to the pond on Saturday I will let you know how it goes. My turn fins are straight but thinking of banding them outwards too.