PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum 2.4 Ghz anntena question in CF hull

tlandauer
09-15-2012, 03:35 AM
I plan to use Spektrum's MR 3000 receiver in Minicat's CF Starship Outrriger. It being a CF hull, should I pull BOTH ant. out in the tube or still lay one horizontal inside the hull as the instruction says?
What is the negative aspect of having BOTH ant. going thru the same tube?:confused1:
Thanks!

lenny
09-15-2012, 07:03 AM
I do not think you would have any problems with both in one tube,
May it has two for low and high signals.:noidea:
Or just run two tubes for them.

srislash
09-15-2012, 07:19 AM
I was only running one outside in a tube and made a lame attempt at down the side along the hatch on the Shocker.I did not have any issues.They operate best at differing angles in relation to the hull. Here is some good info on how the Rx leads work http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Technology/advancedFeatures.aspx

But to answer, Yes one lead outside the hull will work fine.IF you should have issues one could run a twin tube setup with two tubes out the hull 45 degrees from each other in a V,or so goes my idea.

Fluid
09-15-2012, 11:31 AM
The Spektrum receivers with dual antennas will switch rapidly back and forth between the antennas in case the signal is lost from one of them. This speed is seamless, I see no advantage in running both in the same tube. If I felt the need to run both antennas outside the hull I'd do as suggested above, use two antenna tubes.

/

tlandauer
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for the advices! Think I will just use one outside until i run into issues!