PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted

MAMBA2200
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I am getting ready to buy a revolt and was wanting some true opinions on this boat i am going to get the upgraded flex shaft when i order and plan to upgrade to a seaking 120a esc i see allot of issues with the motor not being aligned with the flex shaft so i guess the question is is this going to be a good buy:thumbup1: or a bad decision:doh: getting the revolt thanks in advance p.s. this is going to be my first glass boat finally selling the plastic spartan:thumbdown::lol:

Mike Caruso
09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I am getting ready to buy a revolt and was wanting some true opinions on this boat i am going to get the upgraded flex shaft when i order and plan to upgrade to a seaking 120a esc i see allot of issues with the motor not being aligned with the flex shaft so i guess the question is is this going to be a good buy:thumbup1: or a bad decision:doh: getting the revolt thanks in advance p.s. this is going to be my first glass boat finally selling the plastic spartan:thumbdown::lol:

I would buy another one in a heart beat! I have been in boating since 1972 and this is my first electric. Do not over think it ..... put the 45x68 Grim prop on it and lower the right trim tab even with the bottom of the boat. Go out and drive the heck out of it.
Mike

MAMBA2200
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
well thats good to hear im really leaning toward the revolt but worried about the motor alignment issues but i am buying from OSE so i know i will get good C.S. if there is a problem:thumbup1:

backbayboy
09-11-2012, 05:02 PM
The revolt is a super boat. I got a deal on Tower Scratch and dent just needed a TX/RX which I had plenty. With the coupon and free shipping I got the White/Silver 125.00 delivered. I'd add it to my signature line but there is no room. You'll love it.

MAMBA2200
09-11-2012, 05:25 PM
that sounds great i think im gonna love this boat cant wait to order it hope all goes well with it and the one i get the motor lines up

TheJANG
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Revolt was (is) my first proper boat, too. When you get it, immediately undo every single piece of hardware on the stern that doesn't have a nylock nut on it, and apply threadlock. Don't miss the little set screw that holds the rudder hinge shaft! While things are loose I'd recommend adding some sealant to things that go through the hull. My turn fin strut backing plates leaked out of the box. I also had a leak around the base of my stuffing tube. I used a small amount of clear RTV and now don't have a drop of water inside after a full run, but more experienced folks may have a better sealing product recommendation.

I found that the epoxy holding the stuffing tube doesn't grab it well as it's on a small area and the tube isn't scuffed. Mine broke free on its own, misaligned itself, and I just turned it back into place, re-set it with thin CA down the gap under the epoxy followed by a little 5-minute epoxy after that cured. If it comes loose again I'll pull it out completely, scuff it, grind out the old epoxy, and do it fresh.

With the very low deck another thing I had to watch out for as a newcomer was submarining. If that bow dips under, you need to immediately let off that throttle to make sure she comes right back up before making a full trip to the bottom of the lake!

MAMBA2200
09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Ok thanks for the info:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike Caruso
09-11-2012, 07:45 PM
that sounds great i think im gonna love this boat cant wait to order it hope all goes well with it and the one i get the motor lines up

If it does not line up try simply twisting it right in to correct location now use Shoe Goo to hold it in place. Mine was lose so I worked it out an inch or so used 80 grit paper and 30 min epoxy. Now line it back up install the Teflon tube, prop and shaft adjust end clearance at drive dog and let it dry. Don't lose any sleep over little adjustments.

stumblinh
09-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Awesome boat... if I had only one this is it. The Octura x642 prop by far is the best option on this boat.. the OSE upgrade shaft and 5mm motor coupler are good grabs as well. I have used both the stock esc and the 120a seaking and you don't see much difference here for performance, but the seaking is super easy to adjust settings and of course is stable to 6s lipo. I highly recommend the zippy compact 4s 3300mAH lipos from hobbyking run in parallel with each other.. SUPER fast combo packs are perfect in this boat you can stand two up side by side in the lower battery tray area (forward is best). These packs are 6600mAH when in parallel and a 70c sustained rating in parallel (very much needed). This boat can when pushed can really strain packs.. if your packs are not good increase the LVC to help avoid poof'age. As the others said a little thread locker from the start will save any head aches. This boat now that it is set up basically requires a quick regrease after use and done... super easy super fun.

PS I used a small chunck of foam I cut off the unused battery spacer that I don't use and made it a wedge shape to set the copper tube on, I then used shoegoo to lock it down.. works great, no issues.

MAMBA2200
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
great info guys i thank you all

Mike Caruso
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Awesome boat... if I had only one this is it. The Octura x642 prop by far is the best option on this boat.. the OSE upgrade shaft and 5mm motor coupler are good grabs as well. I have used both the stock esc and the 120a seaking and you don't see much difference here for performance, but the seaking is super easy to adjust settings and of course is stable to 6s lipo. I highly recommend the zippy compact 4s 3300mAH lipos from hobbyking run in parallel with each other.. SUPER fast combo packs are perfect in this boat you can stand two up side by side in the lower battery tray area (forward is best). These packs are 6600mAH when in parallel and a 70c sustained rating in parallel (very much needed). This boat can when pushed can really strain packs.. if your packs are not good increase the LVC to help avoid poof'age. As the others said a little thread locker from the start will save any head aches. This boat now that it is set up basically requires a quick regrease after use and done... super easy super fun.

PS I used a small chunck of foam I cut off the unused battery spacer that I don't use and made it a wedge shape to set the copper tube on, I then used shoegoo to lock it down.. works great, no issues.

Thanks for sharing info on your Re Volt.
Does the 120 have a motor timing adjustment?

Revolt 30 maiden voyage last night look at this thread

littledvl
09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Whats going on man? Not even gonna finish your snap on build I see..

I love my revolt, im still running the stock setup (have upgraded flex shaft ready if needed), motor was aligned properly when I got it, just had to go over all the bolts as a few were loose.. So far the gr 45x68 has been my best prop, had to do some adjusting to get rid of the torque roll but its been running great. I run 2 2s sky 5000mah soft case lipos in series, took the stock black foam out the center of the battery tray and the batterys fit nicely and give the boat a good set while running.

Should have just kep the spartan and got the revolt, was eager to see how it was gonna run.

MAMBA2200
09-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Well i just lost intrest in the spartan allready have the fastest on the web and was just to worried about the hull splitting like everyone has been saying the v2 hull has been doing so i just figured i would go with glass and make it fast lol good to here from u:D

MAMBA2200
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
i will be ordering the revolt from ose tonight the spartan is gone i have already ordered my esc got the seaking 120a for nothing more than adjust ability but also because of the amp draw i have seen from others with the eagle tree and the prop i will be running the extra cushion of amps im so stoked to get this thing and tear it down and rebuild it so it dont come apart will post some pics when it comes thanks for all the info from all of you it was put to good use:rockon2:

littledvl
09-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Nice! You wont be dissapointed, it dosnt handle as big of water as the spartan since its much smaller in size but it holds it own.

MAMBA2200
09-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your motley hope u can fix it devil

littledvl
09-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks man, its fixable but I think im just gonna strip it down to a bare hull and hang it on the wall. I got 5 other boats to mess with until I find another hull :rockon2:

MAMBA2200
09-15-2012, 08:47 AM
i hear ya prob cheaper to find another hull but not as fun as fixn it lol

littledvl
09-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I just dont wanna go through all that and it not run like it should. ill keep a eye out for another motley hull or i may get a mystic/blackjack 29 hull.

MAMBA2200
09-15-2012, 09:28 AM
yep i hear that or maybe a geico:thumbup:

littledvl
09-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Ehh a buddy has a geico, plus the mystic and blackjack have a offset rudder already.