PDA

View Full Version : AC LAZER 45" 1st ever green anything from AC

SAW- USA
09-10-2012, 01:01 AM
My BF ( Joe Mata from Fl) all new AC LAZER 45" green mono . This is the 1st green boat I've ever seen from AC and to knowledge the only one . New RCMK 520 bottom end with full mod ZENOAH ckl kits , full mod polished 257 carbs with Ron Buck batwing carb shafts , BH Hanson pipes , all speedmaster hardware , Andy's use of CF on the transom IMHO is how it's suppose to used. As he says " just laying cf on the bottom or back transom of a boat and thinking its doing something is a big waist of time , it should be used wet in and mat, cf,mat, cf a again " . As you can see that's how the transom is done . He's never used CF in any boat unless customer just had to have it . In this case with a 45" mono running a 520 twin with around 12hp IMHO was a just had to have it deal lol. These guys are running 75/80 mph with these big twins and it's what a lot of guys are going with . I'm thinking I'll hook up a AC new S45 with twins with 520 with ZENOAH 28.5 cly kits . After all parts came in boat was built in a few nights ( 2 nights I think) . Wasn't sure where to put this but thought you guys might like to see this beautiful mono . Thanks 8423784238842398424084241

SAW- USA
09-10-2012, 01:10 AM
More pic 842428424384244 of course FUTABA FASST 2.4 with R603FR and HS- 5645MG digital servos and I think new NIMH 5000mah . It's going to be a super fast boat . Not sure what wheel it will be spinning but he's got a prop box full and you can bet he's going to find that magic wheel lol. Thanks guys

Fluid
09-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Below is another green AC (two actually), but not quite the same color as your friend's. :wink: As for the CF comments, I respect Andy a lot but most here add CF either for looks or for stiffness. I know for a fact that even laid up with too much resin and without a top layer of 'glass, CF adds substantial stiffness to a hull. Others on Jim's have questioned Andy's comments about CF, it is unclear in what context he actually made them....

SAW- USA
09-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Below is another green AC (two actually), but not quite the same color as your friend's. :wink: As for the CF comments, I respect Andy a lot but most here add CF either for looks or for stiffness. I know for a fact that even laid up with too much resin and without a top layer of 'glass, CF adds substantial stiffness to a hull. Others on Jim's have questioned Andy's comments about CF, it is unclear in what context he actually made them....

Yeh I know Andy layed up teal green flake boats but never has he layed up lime green ! As far as the cf goes Remy said the same thing when he layed up my 2 36" sprintcats , it works when boat is wet in with mat, cf,mat then cf . Yeh i know it helps any cheap hull like the rtr that I see on hobby king etc . But any comments about how nice the LAZER is ???? Nothing lol . Just kidding that's just how it goes lol

Fluid
09-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Since you insist: I think the boat is atrociously bile-looking, I was trying to be nice and not say anything. But then I'm red-green color blind so what do I know......

SAW- USA
09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Ok , Im sure he will take that under consideration ! lol. Another bio horror show for your enjoyment . My new Y6 carbon fiber and Bio Green as a matter of fact you just gave me a GREAT IDEA FOR A RACE TEAM NAME " BIO RACING "84308 Now if you could just help us pick out our team logo that will complete your services lol. Seriously sometimes things just seam to always work out . Talk about taking a neg and turning it into a pos !!!! 843108431184312

SAW- USA
09-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Since you insist: I think the boat is atrociously bile-looking, I was trying to be nice and not say anything. But then I'm red-green color blind so what do I know......

You choose 84313843148431584316 I'm really thankful for the bio comment ! That's an original team name for our offshore class mono team !!!! And to top it off biohazard was one of my favorite hard core metal bands growing up so it's a double WHAMMY !!!! Please post anymore help as we need all we can get . The biggest thing with these BIO GREEN boats as you so fittingly called them as there easy to see when your running the long offshore race with 7 buoys and roster tails everywhere and that's one of the biggest reasons we picked " BIO GREEN" . Thanks again can't wait to get the right decals ordered as they are only $5 for a pack of 2

HOTWATER
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
My BF ( Joe Mata from Fl) all new AC LAZER 45" green mono . This is the 1st green boat I've ever seen from AC and to knowledge the only one . New RCMK 520 bottom end with full mod ZENOAH ckl kits , full mod polished 257 carbs with Ron Buck batwing carb shafts , BH Hanson pipes , all speedmaster hardware , Andy's use of CF on the transom IMHO is how it's suppose to used. As he says " just laying cf on the bottom or back transom of a boat and thinking its doing something is a big waist of time , it should be used wet in and mat, cf,mat, cf a again " . As you can see that's how the transom is done . He's never used CF in any boat unless customer just had to have it . In this case with a 45" mono running a 520 twin with around 12hp IMHO was a just had to have it deal lol. These guys are running 75/80 mph with these big twins and it's what a lot of guys are going with . I'm thinking I'll hook up a AC new S45 with twins with 520 with ZENOAH 28.5 cly kits . After all parts came in boat was built in a few nights ( 2 nights I think) . Wasn't sure where to put this but thought you guys might like to see this beautiful mono . Thanks 8423784238842398424084241

I like it!! I should buy the same one...matches my other two boats! :thumbup:

SAW- USA
09-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I like it!! I should buy the same one...matches my other two boats! :thumbup:No doubt !! I love that color !!

SAW- USA
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Few more pic 8470384704

BrianW
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I had a Lime Green AC Razor 45 years ago...