PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Ideas on a turnigy 100a?

Stealth Assassin
05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
This big esc will be placed In a small 25" hull so, I am questioning fan cooling... Any Ideas?

Flying Scotsman
05-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I have not found it nescessary. Though I did buy a small fan thinking I might need it. The heat sink does a great job.

Douggie

Stealth Assassin
05-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I have not found it nescessary. Though I did buy a small fan thinking I might need it. The heat sink does a great job.

Douggie

You running the plush or the HV? I got both.

Flying Scotsman
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
The HV

ReddyWatts
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Depends a lot on your run time as to how well it keeps it cool in a smaller air space.

Flying Scotsman
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
The way I see it. In a small hull all you do is blow more heated air over the esc as normally the hull will be sealed with tape and there is no exchange of air. Water cooling may be a better option, if you require it.

Douggie

Mich. Maniac
05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
The way I see it. In a small hull all you do is blow more heated air over the esc as normally the hull will be sealed with tape and there is no exchange of air. Water cooling may be a better option, if you require it.

Douggie

:iagree: GREAT thinking Douggie. Seems like when lake temps are high the fresh water running through would still far out-cool better than a fan in an allready hot atmosphere. EXCEPT on short runs such as heat racing.

Stealth Assassin
05-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Right, That Is what I was thinking guys so, any pics or Ideas on a method of watercooling??? Links to cooling blocks, anything?

ReddyWatts
05-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Remember that down south some of the pond water is hotter than what you would think in the good ole summer time.

Stealth Assassin
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Remember that down south some of the pond water is a lot hotter than what you would think in the good ole summer time.

Also right... It Is hard to run electrics In the summer here In MS It gets hot and humid down here!:flammes-09:

Stealth Assassin
05-31-2008, 10:09 AM

Douggie

What timing are you using?

Beep this beep that... I am more Into building hulls rather than listening to beeps. I have the program card and this thing Is still bothersome.:confused1:

Stealth Assassin
05-31-2008, 02:15 PM

Douggie

Also do you have to set the throttle every time the esc Is plugged In?

Flying Scotsman
06-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I am using low.
I have 3 HV esc ....2 required a PisTix to arm the ESC as when the power was turned off and then on again the ESC would not arm and I do not need to reset the throttle.

Douggie