PDA

View Full Version : Elogger, AND telemetry?

runzwithsizorz
09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Would it be possible to split the wires of a temp. probe, and rpm sensor to feed info to both the elogger, and a Spektrum Tx?

siberianhusky
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Don't think so, it would be getting voltage from both the logger and the esc. Not even sure if both use the same voltage on the sensors.
I wouldn't bother with the SPektrum Telemetry, it's pretty much useless in a boat. Tried it in a nitro boat once to see if I could get exhaust temps.
Once your boat is setup what is there to monitor anyway unless you make a change? I use my eagletree all the time for setup but don't bother with it unless I've made a serious change to the boat.
Once I know the amperage etc, all the extra connectors are just more resistance and another potential failure point. And a chance to lose my logger if the boat decides to leak or gets hit during a run by another boat.
Broke my power panel last week when the velcro let loose in a barrel roll, wedged itself between the collet and motor! 35$ down the tubes! Wish the boat had landed upside down instead of upright and pointed in the right direction!

Mike Caruso
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Don't think so, it would be getting voltage from both the logger and the esc. Not even sure if both use the same voltage on the sensors.
I wouldn't bother with the SPektrum Telemetry, it's pretty much useless in a boat. Tried it in a nitro boat once to see if I could get exhaust temps.
Once your boat is setup what is there to monitor anyway unless you make a change? I use my eagletree all the time for setup but don't bother with it unless I've made a serious change to the boat.
Once I know the amperage etc, all the extra connectors are just more resistance and another potential failure point. And a chance to lose my logger if the boat decides to leak or gets hit during a run by another boat.
Broke my power panel last week when the velcro let loose in a barrel roll, wedged itself between the collet and motor! 35$ down the tubes! Wish the boat had landed upside down instead of upright and pointed in the right direction!

Eagle Tree works great, down side I have to un tape hatch to reset logger even just to make a prop change. Two runs today one prop change and the motor must have lost power.

runzwithsizorz
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Eagle Tree works great, down side I have to un tape hatch to reset logger even just to make a prop change. Two runs today one prop change and the motor must have lost power.
I take it you have an exterior switch? As far as reset, wouldn't you be able to tell the difference of the prop change by the TIME on your logger?

runzwithsizorz
09-08-2012, 01:46 PM

Eagle Tree recommends less than 6 volts. Telemetry RX, servo, and everything else is powered by a 2s through a UBEC at 6 volts, ( rx,& servo could take up to 9volts, alas, none of the other stuff can).
I am ALWAYS tinkering, and making changes, and it's nice to know if I can stay out on the water, or need to bring it back in. If I am racing, or just on the water with other boats I don't use it, for by this time,
I already know what dialed in is. Really got the Jones for the wireless Seagull Dashboard, and with a long usb cord to a laptop, others/crew could see whats going on live. Guess I could just buy another temp, and rpm sensor.
Sorry bout your panel, mine is also just velcro'ed, ----- inside a water proof Lock N Lock box. :olleyes: