PDA

View Full Version : DX2 Spektrum question

HRC
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I have an old surface DX2 Spektrum TX with a SR3000 RX . Has anyone used one of these for boat applications. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Dave

BHChieftain
09-03-2012, 11:16 PM
The folks at spektrum had at one point stated there was an issue with their 2.4 implementation with boats, so they came out with their Marine (MR) line. Here's the video where they mention that:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/mr3000-marine-2-4ghz-3-channel-receiver-SPMMR3000

That being said, I use the SR300 receiver in my rescue boat and have not seen any problems with it... it has a short antenna so I wouldn't use it in a carbon fiber hull.

Chief

HRC
09-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks Chief. I thought I heard something about that a while back but was not sure. So the MR300 receiver will work with the DX2 radio you think? Guess I should give Horizon a call. Thanks for the info.
Dave

wade7575
09-04-2012, 06:50 AM
If Horizon tells you not to use the Spectrum you have and you don't want to spend alot get a Tactic 2.4 I got one with my Motley Crew and it has never glitched once and I like it so much I'm getting one sent with my current order from OSE for my Mean Machine.It has great range for a radio where the Transmiter olny has an antena,for a cheap Radio I really like it and it feel's pretty good in your hands to.

Thanks Chief. I thought I heard something about that a while back but was not sure. So the MR300 receiver will work with the DX2 radio you think? Guess I should give Horizon a call. Thanks for the info.
Dave

siberianhusky
09-04-2012, 07:04 AM
If it's DSM2 and has both the marine and surface logo on the back of the radio it will work with the MR rx's.
I'm not sure if the older version without the marine logo will work, they use a different protocol.
I've had great, fast answers from Spektrum whenever I've emailed CS with a question. That would be my choice for this question.

HRC
09-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the info. Guess I will call and e-mail them. I used this radio for a FE Dragster a few times 6 years ago and it worked flawlessly. Sold the dragster and kept the radio.
Dave

egneg
09-04-2012, 08:23 AM
I had a DX3.0 before I got a DX3R Pro neither of which are marine types and have never had a problem. I think you can send it in and get it upgraded for a fee if you want.

HRC
09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I did send a note to Horizon and should here back in 3-5 days.
Dave