PDA

View Full Version : Seaking 180 LVC

wade7575
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I was wondering about the Seaking 180's LVC is like,I seen that it is adjustable and I was wondering can you set it to whatever you want or are there olny pre-set value's to choose from.

Also what should be the lowest Voltage to have your Cell's at when the LVC kick's in,I have seen guys say from 3.0 volt's per cell up to 3.5 Volt's per-cell.

b20btec
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I personally turn it off, it is adjustable from a preset range. It cuts off too early, so I just use a timer.

Make-a-Wake
09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
It does go into premature LVC often, try it on 2.8v before you just turn it off...............which is ok.

dana
09-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I run at 3.0 without issue

wade7575
09-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Does this ESC have a Punch Control mode so you can choose how much power it pull's from a dead stop when you hit the Throttle hard.
Are you running extra Cap's I know Dana is and maybe that's why his LVC does not come on all the time,I know when alot of RC Car's I would alway's use extra Cap's on the MM as it could handle alot of the bigger Motor's it was not ment to run on the Top end just not on the bottom end and I know adding a bank of 4 to 6 extra Cap's on the main Power Wire's as close as you can get them going into the ESC would help alot and even if they were not needed they also helped to keep my ESC's running cooler.
I'm going to make up a Bank of Cap's for this ESC with 6 of the one's Steven sell's I think there 30 to 35 volt's.

It does go into premature LVC often, try it on 2.8v before you just turn it off...............which is ok.

dana
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
the extra caps are factory on the version 180 i bought. i also have the older version that does not have the added caps, and runs without issue. it has to do with setup, batteries, and prop i think. "shrug"
caps arent really gonna make your esc run cooler from my understanding. the caps store power not being used from batteries, and help smooth the current from ripples.
punch control? no. it has forward/reverse - timing - cell count - lvc.

Make-a-Wake
09-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm running a "Hot" setup, 4082 2200kv on 4s2p spinnin an m445...............its goes to early LVC only occasionally now with the 2p, more so with 1p and hot setups.

wade7575
09-03-2012, 10:49 PM
From what a guy at Castle told me a few year's back when you ad extra Cap's you get better cooling because the extra power is right there and is being stored for when the ESC need's it,he also said that when you do not have as many Cap's you get more heat because the ESC will till try and get that same amount of power and instead of it not being right there it has to pull it from the pack itself putting more strain on the ESC and as a result more Heat,that may not be the best way to explain but it really did help my stuff to run cooler if I had really big motor's installed in my stuff.

Take a look at post 7 of this thread he feel's the same way.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?31684-Adding-a-capacitor-to-the-Turnigy-Aquastar-120-A-speedy

the extra caps are factory on the version 180 i bought. i also have the older version that does not have the added caps, and runs without issue. it has to do with setup, batteries, and prop i think. "shrug"
caps arent really gonna make your esc run cooler from my understanding. the caps store power not being used from batteries, and help smooth the current from ripples.
punch control? no. it has forward/reverse - timing - cell count - lvc.

dana
09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Cool man, I'm always up for learning stuff. Thanks-)

wade7575
09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I know an Electronic's repair man told me that Cap's are just like a Battery they store extra power and discharge it when needed,the olny thing with Cap's are is that they discharge it at an extremely high rate when compared to a Battery,I think that's maybe another reason to add alot of Cap's that way when you have alot right there and you hit the throttle all that extra power that the ESC want's is right there and it help's the LVC not to kick in,plus helping to keep heat and the ripple effect down.

Cool man, I'm always up for learning stuff. Thanks-)

Make-a-Wake
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah...............and I'm running my own added caps on the V1 T180.

wade7575
09-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm going to be running a AeroMarine Mean Machine with Leo 4082 2200KV and 2 14.8 Pack's wired the same way your ESC is,I was thinking at first running my Thunder Power 7.4 Pack's but Dana and Rich both advised other wise suggesting that I would get alot of ripple effect going to my ESC and would just end up cooking it sooner then it needed to be.

I'm running a "Hot" setup, 4082 2200kv on 4s2p spinnin an m445...............its goes to early LVC only occasionally now with the 2p, more so with 1p and hot setups.

Make-a-Wake
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
2p is the way I go now in my larger boats, I'm on a 2p kick................

Heck, but look at my 23" Mini sniper.............3s2p!! Using two of the new "compact" lipos.:laugh:

de-pro
09-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I found LVC kicking in early if your battery can not supply enough current / voltage on hot setups, I noticed that lots of time with 2200kv motors trying to spin a larger prop. Also found some versions of the T180 had problems with the LVC.
I went with 6s / lower KV combo and the LVC works like a charm now. The other fix is running 2p setup or buy high discharge rated batteries