PDA

View Full Version : Keep it in the water?

RandomHero
08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I got a revolt 30 with a 4082 2200kv motor and a seaking 180 ESC with a x645 powered by 14.8v 6200mah 50c batteries . now that's out the way the boat is allover the place the strut is allmost all the way down and about a 1/2 turn on trim tabs can anyone help me?

dana
08-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah raise your strut and get rid of your oversized prop

RandomHero
08-27-2012, 10:03 PM
i tryed a smaller prop it dont come out of the water good an runs alittle hot how high would u go on the strut?

dana
08-27-2012, 10:09 PM
You just have to try different stuff man. I cant give you exact measurements on stuff... It's all part of trial and error. I don't own a revolt but like any boat, you just need to find the sweet spot with it

keithbradley
08-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah raise your strut and get rid of your oversized prop
^^^Agree^^^
I'm sure it's quick with that prop (and hot), but there's no free lunch. Try a m445. It will still accelerate well but likely handle better and run cooler.

Make-a-Wake
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Try a m445. It will still accelerate well but likely handle better and run cooler.

You took the words out of my mouth(fingers?)..................m445 all the way!!

and strut up a tad...................

siberianhusky
08-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Put the stock stuff back in it and get a hull thats suitable for that motor!
We have a Revolt running around here now, with the right prop and setup you wouldn't want much more speed out of it, unless you like retrieving and repairing.
IMO there isn't much room for more speed out of most of the RTR boats if you want them to last any length of time. They were all built to a price point and will not stand up to very many hard crashes at speed.
I have a couple RTR boats and to be a bit brutal we paid about 350$ for them and pretty much got what we paid for.
I modded both of mine and have gone back to the stock setups, they might not be the fastest boats but when run as intended they are my reliable steady never fail fun boats.