PDA

View Full Version : Nitro to elec. conversion ?? Pain in the butt or easy ??

dereckg
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Its possible i am doing a trade today? Getting 3 nitro and 2 elec. boats for two trucks and a motor. Was wondering how difficult it is to swap out nitros 2 elec.?? I know its pretty easy with my trucks and cars. Is it pretty much the same, change motor mount ????? All suggestions accepted

Fluid
08-26-2012, 12:46 PM
It depends on the hull. The most difficult things to do are sealing the hull so it is water tight, and finding a place for the battery packs so the CG is correct for the particular hull. If you cannot do these two things correctly, the conversion will be a pain and the boat may never run well. What boats are you thinking of converting?

dereckg
08-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Think I did ok with the trade going to post pics shortly:banana: Chime in let me know what you think I dont know what they are but they all in great condition:thumbup:

dereckg
08-26-2012, 01:44 PM
833068330783308 How did I do ??

dereckg
08-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Thinking I want to convert this boat to elec.83310 Looks like the easiest one to switch

lohring
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
My nitro conversions have NOT depended on sealing the hull. I build boxes for the electric components. The first conversions also left the motor exposed. Lots of experience in outboards shows that motors run well exposed and cool better if not water cooled. My latest conversion will have the motor enclosed and water cooled. That prevents rust and bearing issues.

Lohring Miller

BHChieftain
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Thinking I want to convert this boat to elec.83310 Looks like the easiest one to switch

That looks like a Probat Fastech, which came stock in both nitro and electric power plant configurations, so that should be no problem to convert.

Chief

siberianhusky
09-03-2012, 02:42 PM
The tunnel hull is an easy conversion as well, a hyperperformance adapter and collet for an electric motor and a waterproof box for the electronics.
Might need a new propshaft though, the do tend to wear then the prop wobbles, remember it's a reverse thread when you go to remove it.

dereckg
09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Where do I get the adapter and collet ??
The tunnel hull is an easy conversion as well, a hyperperformance adapter and collet for an electric motor and a waterproof box for the electronics.
Might need a new propshaft though, the do tend to wear then the prop wobbles, remember it's a reverse thread when you go to remove it.

Basstronics
09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Just box the blue one up and send it to me. Then you dont have to worry about it.

:)

dereckg
09-03-2012, 07:38 PM
The air boat ?
Just box the blue one up and send it to me. Then you dont have to worry about it.

:)

dereckg
09-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I got the pro running good so I will keep it nitro Just want to convert the tunnel to electric cuz i cant find a motor for it

Basstronics
09-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes I would take that airboat off your hands.

My uncles got an airboat and I would like another to run with him. Really looking for a Miss Outlaw though- want to build a mold and fiberglass some up.

dereckg
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Make me an offer I cant refuse !! I havent even fired it up yet It should run Not seized up spins fine and feels like it has plenty of pinch
Yes I would take that airboat off your hands.

My uncles got an airboat and I would like another to run with him. Really looking for a Miss Outlaw though- want to build a mold and fiberglass some up.

dereckg
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Im looking for some good batteries:tiphat: