PDA

View Full Version : futaba 3pm 2.4 help please

driftah
08-25-2012, 09:20 AM
ok so i am a spektrum guy and my bud gave me a futaba 3pm 2.4,so i got 2 recievers with it but they both operate at the same time ie model 1 and 2 operate 2 recievers at the sametime if powered up,maybe he bound them oddly or???? is there a way to debind them or shall i just try to rebind both seperately?

marko500
08-25-2012, 09:41 AM
I have 2 Futaba 3pms and they both do that. Meaning if you have 1 in a boat and that boat flips over then you switch the model on the radio to a rescue boat and send it out the radio will operate both boats. Even if the model selected is only one of them.
Love these radios and have never had any issues with them.
Ended up using a cheap extra radio I had for the rescue boat.

driftah
08-25-2012, 10:10 AM
bingo wtf.hello radio bind to one rec. then dont listen to the other one.now I gotta find a cheap azz rx tx maybe.bloody stupid if u ask me whats the point of model memory if they arent on sep. reciever just to have diff trim settings....

Gary
08-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I have 2 Futaba 3pms and they both do that. Meaning if you have 1 in a boat and that boat flips over then you switch the model on the radio to a rescue boat and send it out the radio will operate both boats. Even if the model selected is only one of them.
Love these radios and have never had any issues with them.
Ended up using a cheap extra radio I had for the rescue boat.

I did the exact same thing. Set up rescue boat with same reciever and when my SAW boat went over it was still operating with the rescue boat signals. What a pain that was !!!

driftah
08-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I feel cheated is all went out and grabbed the reciever expecting sep. controls for sep models.but all this radio does is store sep model settings you can bind and operate ten models all at the same time yay but useless.who has a cheap radio for sale.spektrum doesnt operate this way does it hmmm,never checked but prolly not...

dana
08-25-2012, 10:55 AM
You got a free radio no?.... How were you cheated? I will say my flysky is the same way. I didn't expect it to be that way but hey, what can ya do. I'm not sure if there are any that operate the way you suggested....

longballlumber
08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Even though they are different "models" in the TX, in reality it's only saving the different settings on the TX per "model". You’re still operating the TX and RX on the same frequency regardless of what model your TX is set to. It seems to be operating exactly how it's supposed to.

Just an FYI, Nitro boaters who run twin (side by side) engines typically use 2 RX to run one boat. One RX for the throttles and one RX for the steering. They use it for redundancy.

Also this has nothing to do with 2.4 or Futaba. Any 2 receivers (on the same channel) will operate simultaneously with one TX if both are powered on.

Later,
Mike

driftah
08-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I hear you guys ok,yah it was kinda free(trade favour) ah well I expected too much I see.gonna grab a dx2 and sr3000 maybe to try as they are 40 bucks locally.just sucks to have to carry 2 tx to the pond in case of a flip instead of one..