PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crew finally runnin faster thanks to OSE members (VIDEO)

DLDESIGN
08-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Running m445 prop balanced/ sharpened on 2 2S Hyperion 5000mah 45C lipos. No speedo yet so not sure how fast its going. Stock motor and electronics and scuffed hull. Getting temps under 110 on 8 minute runs batteries sometimes hit 112 but the boat is running great. Foaming is next anyone have recommendations on which to use?

Some great members on here who have answered others questions in great detail have helped me get what what i wanted out of my MC

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIgesc5e_OWg%26fea ture%3Dyoutube_gdata_player&feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=Igesc5e_OWg&gl=US

dana
08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
video didnt work for me

DLDESIGN
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
video didnt work for me

Video might still be processing but heres the link to my youtube page
http://m.youtube.com/user/xTheDomBombShowx

dana
08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
i dunno man. whatever the link you sent doesnt work with my imac

Redddogg
08-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Worked ok on my iPad. Look good man.

DLDESIGN
08-24-2012, 09:00 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Igesc5e_OWg try this dana the last link has "=us" at the end of link let me know if that works

DLDESIGN
08-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks Redddogg

dana
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
That worked. Looks good

hobby_man
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
My MC ran 34 mph out of the box. I sharpened the rudder, no speed increase.
I changed the prop to a 42 x 55 (balanced and sharpened) and the speed went to 42
How fast will this boat go with a stock set up?
what MPH increase will scuffing the Hull give me?
Any thing else I can do to the stock set up to max out performance?

dana
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
my mc ran 34 mph out of the box. I sharpened the rudder, no speed increase.
I changed the prop to a 42 x 55 (balanced and sharpened) and the speed went to 42
how fast will this boat go with a stock set up?
What mph increase will scuffing the hull give me?

Any thing else i can do to the stock set up to max out performance?
m445

DLDESIGN
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
My MC ran 34 mph out of the box. I sharpened the rudder, no speed increase.
How fast will this boat go with a stock set up?
what MPH increase will scuffing the Hull give me?
Any thing else I can do to the stock set up to max out performance?

The speed is really all in the packs that you run. Setting up your strut height is key too. First im running 2x 2S Hyperion 5000mah 45c and also have a set of gravity 5300mah 65c packs. Try one of those battery pairs i love both but the 65c might be a little faster. Also try picking up an octura M445 or M447 prop. The difference between the m and x series is that the "m's" come detoungued and i saw huge results with both of these props. Watch you engine temps because these props push the motor and electronics a little more and also make sure the alignment is good. I had to drill new holes in side of tray to align the motor mount a little better so when i put prop shaft back in it slides into collet smoothly without having to push it one way or the other to guide it. If you want a picture of how i have my strut setup pm me your number and i can text a few pics.

Keep me updated on what helps and what doesnt. My boat is running about mid 40's and runs on the back 4 inches of hull at WOT. Also scuffing works good you arent going to see a HUGE difference but i got some red grit cloth from the auto store and just did a quick scuff of the sponsons. This will help loosen the hull up a bit but in combination with one of the two props i mentioned and packs of the same capacity / discharge will REALLY loosen things up but make your not wide open into any wind or its gonna do some backflips haha. Keep an eye on your strut bushing. You shouldnt have much or any play when u wiggle prop back and forth.

hobby_man
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
my lipo's are Traxxas 2s 25 c 10,000
500 grams

I have some lighter lipos on the way, I'll post the results

all temps below 105 F