PDA

View Full Version : Brushless AIRSOFT GUN!!!!

RandomHero
08-23-2012, 10:54 PM
How can u put a brushless motor in a airsoft gun?

JrValente
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
lol why would you want to? What are you looking to improve within the gun?

RandomHero
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Speed !

RandomHero
08-23-2012, 11:16 PM
got a AtoZ motor now only 28.000 rpm on 13/1 gears that about 40 rps at 400 fps now with a brushless motor like a 3000kv on 4s is like 44.4000 rpm so that y

JrValente
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Ahh gotcha. Never touched an airsoft before. I play with the real ones but thinking for my little one to pick up an ar-15 style gun to learn the safe/fire controls and teach good gun safety. He already has a few big boy guns for when he is older and ready but thinking of an airsoft to start. Guess he has a few more years since he is only 1, but it gives me an excuse to buy more guns. Here is one I setup for him when he is older. One closer is the one. Its a .22lr and it shoots very well.

RandomHero
08-26-2012, 12:02 AM
We play as a sport on a CQB team

NativePaul
08-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I airsoft and have thought of it, but when I first serviced it and saw the motor I decided against it, the motors are very similar in size and can shape to the Permax 450, being the length and diameter of a 480 but with flat sides where the magnets aren't, so a regular cylindrical 28mm can wont fit (I didn't measure the width but I'm guessing its 28mm on the diameter and about 22mm across the flats), also thy are not held in the gearbox with screws in the front endbell like models they are clamped in from the rear of the can in front of the brushgear, so any BL motor would have to be the same length as the can without brushgear on the 450. also there are 2 types of Airsoft motor short shaft and longshaft but both have longer shafts than a typical R/C motor and the bearing housing is at the end of the shaft unlike any RC motor (you could probably modify an outrunner to be like this but you woudn't be able to clamp it like the stock motor so would have to come up with another way if mounting it).
If you did adapt an outrunner to it I'm not sure it would offer much more power than the brushed motor as it would have to be much smaller.
Even good airsoft gearboxes are pretty weak as are the pistons and existing brushed motors and LiPo are already more than a match for the best aftermarket gears, and titanium toothed pistons.

I upgraded all my Accuracy parts first with a 6.03 barrel, Systema hop up, firefly bucking, H nub, & Element nozzle, then I wanted a higher rate of fire so installed a mosFET unit and 3s LiPo which made a big difference over the 8.4v NiMh and is probably all I will do as I know I will have to upgrade my gears, piston and bushings as well as my motor if I want it any faster. I would go for the Systema turbo motor (brushed) if I did ( I know it's expensive(the point of me looking at BL motors in the first place)) but there would be more effort to me adapting it to BL than it is worth, and its not like the brush/com life is a problem for me, I use real capacity magazines and they are already empty in under 2 seconds of full auto, so if my gun sees an hour of runtime I will be a happy bunny, I have put several hours through a pair of Permax 450s in a plane I used to fly so am confident they will outlast my needs. While the rate of fire from the speed would be a nice bonus, the main reason I want more speed is to minimise the lag on the first shot.