PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force Pirate 35 on the way.

KartRacer
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi guys

DF 35" Pirate Hull and hardware on the way from OSE, so I want to get the CF so I can get started on the project.
Guess I don't know what I'm looking for. Weight, thickness ?
I assume CF is stronger than fiberglass for the same weight.

Would also like some info on the "flooded stuffing box".
like reason to go this route?
Going to Run Leopard 4082, Seaking 180. I was told that it would run well on 3s, made assumptions that that was one 3 s cell. Thought I would need to run two 3s for 6s power. Could use more input on this.
Can I expect reasonable run time on 2 3s in series or should I run 2 6s in parallel.
Thanks in advance

driftah
08-23-2012, 08:27 PM
flooded stuffing chamber has 2 benefits,one is that it helps to cool the tube from heat buildup and two is that it allows a little more flexibility to adjust stinger angle and such.Personally I would be running 6s2p as in 2 six cell lipos in a hull that large but it depends on the motor kv as well which we dont know here yet.carbon fiber cloth that you can get from ose or kintec or even hobbyking is fine but most on here recommend using west systems 20 epoxy to lay it down with,It should be fine as long as it has a tight weave though.and yes cf provides the stiffness that fiberglass cannot lol.

KartRacer
08-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks driftah
The leopard suggested is 1600kv. I have not ordered the motor or speed control yet but planned on the speaking 180. OSE does not carry CF. could not find link on kintec but I'll look again. The Cf I found on eBay was 5.7 oz guess I'll get some of that. How do you feel about zpoxy finishing resin.

driftah
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
zpoxy works ok too just most prefer the west systems,as far as rpms go to find your outcome just multiply your total fully charged voltage of lipos by the motor kv then keep it under 40k as a rule of thumb...keep in mind to use charged voltage not nominal.That esc may work for you but you will have to check amp draws You may wanna go a touch bigger like a 240amp speedo or keep a very close eye on prop selection.

marko500
08-23-2012, 10:47 PM
CF is on this page at Kintec. http://kintecracing.com/Building_Supplies.html

KartRacer
08-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Marko500
Thanks for the link. Not sure how I missed it.

Bduncan
04-28-2013, 10:29 AM
How did your build go? Motor set up etc. just started build same boat

KartRacer
04-28-2013, 11:07 AM
How did your build go? Motor set up etc. just started build same boat
Build went great! Could not have had the success without all of the input from this forum. VERY knowledgeable group that saved me a ton of expensive experimentation. You can check out the build thread. Feel free to ask any questions. You won't be disappointed with this hull and Steve here at OSE will be immensely helpful.