PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish 240 new vs. old any diffefences?

HTVboats
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I had some issues with the 240 SF a while back and couldn't get it to hold a program. May have been my fault but after 2 units I gave up. Other than the added data logging is there any differences with the new version? Dimensions are not the same, shorter and wider by a couple mm's. Been very satisfied with my 200's
Mic

cybercrxt
08-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I would like to know if they actually work correctly now. I have owned 2 and a friend bought 2 (Ron S.)...both did not work right, or worked a very short time. They were all the 240hv old style...not impressed with them. We also used one of the 200a for record trials, and so did Bill B. and both ours progressively failed. The boats got slower and slower like they were building up resistance internally. Mike

drwayne
08-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Latest Sf esc have alternate sourced components following the Tsunami flooding Jp stockpiles
Ditto most everyone else who manuf electronics suffer same dilemma..
A 'new' design ? .. same FET circuit with logger on controller card.

I found too many dead CCremations from the box to remain loyal, particularly due their dismal warranty turnarounds to OS.
Great people on the phone and the service was eventually great, but backlogged.

Then SFHV were released .. burned one, the other 7? pre 8/2011 still rock.. all these are SF240HV with no issues... that's my experience.
Never tried the 200, fellow here claims they're toasters.

The sf240's do have issues if the on/off is on when battery connected. Fact.

regs
W

nata2run
08-24-2012, 01:55 AM
All my 200's toasted!!! (wondering if I'm that fellow?)
My 240HV in my 114 Mystic went very hard!! I thought they were great!!

ray schrauwen
08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I have a 1st gen 240 from HK. Scorched it up in a 40" mono testing and burned crappy cells. Whole thing is conformalled now and bench tests fine. Just need 8S or 7S batts to test and see how long it will survive. I'm impressed it even turns on still.