PDA

View Full Version : new to rc boating

spooner
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
ordered a revolt. waiting for to get here

Mike Caruso
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
ordered a revolt. waiting for to get here
Congrats read everything you can about them that we all have learned. Follow instructions and ask queastions if not sure we are here to help.
Mike

spooner
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
thanks mike. boat came to day. i will try to post pics later. has chip in gel coat on bottom.

Mike Caruso
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
If it's in the middle or front it will be in the air anyway Ha.

dshuld
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Lol...sounds like yours came from the same batch my first one did. I had the same problem, looked like they painted an airbubble in the resin and during shipping it cracked away leaving the "chip".

spooner
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
how did you fix it. with ca are what

dshuld
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I had mine replaced, I'm glad I did too. My first one was from the first batch and my replacement is from the second batch. Take a look at the pics in here to tell which version you have: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?36607-Second-batch-is-better-but-still-needs-some-qc. If you email boatsupport@hobbico.com with pics of the boat and reciept/s they will offer a prepaid label to send to them for replacement. I had issues with this and ended up having to go through the lhs I bought mine from to have replacement sent.

As to your question if it was a used boat I'd fill it in with resin and glass filler. Mind you I'm just starting in rc boats and hopefully the guys that have been in this area of the hobby longer can help there though. Since it was new I didnt want a repaired boat I wanted the new boat I paid for so I choose to have mine replaced.

dshuld
08-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Just to clarify my issues were:

first email never went through....that was my pc's fault not thiers.
second one I wait about an hour and a half and called them to make sure that one went through. I was told it hadn't and I knew it had because it was sent from my phone this time. As I hung with my lhs I got email offering the prepaid label to ship it back to them. This will leave you with out the boat for a couple of weeks though. But, if yours doesnt look like the one in my pics on that thread it maybe wiser to go on and send it in and hopefully get a batch two boat back like I did.