PDA

View Full Version : A new coupon code from MaxAmps.com

brandonwilcox
08-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

MaxAmps.com is giving away a bunch of FREE swag this summer with every purchase; use coupon code "swag12" when checking out to redeem. Check it out here:

http://www.maxamps.com/summerswag.php

Brandon

Alexgar
08-22-2012, 06:37 PM
What's that about Larry ?

Fluid
08-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Every one of the OP's posts promotes MaxAmps products. This one probably belongs in the Sales Coupons and Coupon Codes forum. This is a blatant back-door method for another vendor to try to sell stuff on Steven's site. Pretty poor form if you ask me.

Doug Smock
08-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Every one of the OP's posts promotes MaxAmps products. This one probably belongs in the Sales Coupons and Coupon Codes forum. This is a blatant back-door method for another vendor to try to sell stuff on Steven's site. Pretty poor form if you ask me.

Right you are Jay.
Brandon please take note.:glare:
Doug

dana
08-22-2012, 10:24 PM
If Brandon actually participated in the forums it might be different, but this guy just comes here to push maxcrap. It's ridiculous...

JimClark
08-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Checking on Steve's opinion now

stadiumyamaha
08-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Every single post of his is a maxamps ad. Uncool.

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks for moving this where it belongs.

Doby
08-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Every single post of his is a maxamps ad. Uncool.

Because he works for MaxAmps....

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Brandon is it true that you work for Maxamps?

dana
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol, obviously. There are plenty of members in here who work for companies, and regardless, participate in the forums without loitering spam

sanyijr
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Brandon is it true that you work for Maxamps?

Every post of his is pushing them... But honestly, if you do your research, these plugs shouldn't lure anyone... But as to if it is appropriate? That would depend on just how tolerant Steve is...right?

But it sure is poor form in my book. :ThumbsDown01:

(and if this continues, this will end up as really bad publicity on their end. So maybe leaving it is gracious and rewarding at the same time :tt2:)

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
After looking, you guys are correct. every single post has something to do with maxamps. I'm a friend of the Maxamps, so I'm not going to ban him. But here goes......

Brandon I suggest more input on the forum than just coupons. EAnd please put the coupons in the correct area.

We don't stop people from linking to items they like, so what I suggest is a contest for some free Maxamp batteries. You figure out how you want to run the contest. Once rc boaters like your packs. the natural result will be posts with your links. What do you think?

brandonwilcox
08-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Steve we did a contest 2 weeks ago here for a free Jig. I didn't see the coupon area until the thread was moved, I wasn't aware we couldn't post new products. I will have some more giveaways shortly so I will post those when they are realized. Regarding our packs, I started posting here when we had some really cool products like the dual core 8000mah lipos and water cooled lipos, I thought that was something boat guys would especially like. Do you want me to refrain from posting news here?

Thanks,

Brandon

Steven Vaccaro
08-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Brandon, Jigs are not an issue. I'm sure they are great. The packs have been complained about by many rc boaters. I would suggest getting the packs into a reputable boater to get some good pr on the forum. Otherwise every time you post, we will see the same comments.