PDA

View Full Version : what is causing more water to leak into the hull more than usual ?

marcusg
08-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I noticed today after running the boat that their was more water that leak into the hull than usual. After running the boat I have always noticed a little bit of water but this last couple of runs, a lot of water.Also, exactly how does the water get pumped into the boat and through the tubing to cool the motors down ?

Thanks in advance., Marcus

Serpents811
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Water comes thru the rudder to cool down the electronics also you might not be using enough grease on the flex letting water go in also look out for any cracks in the cooling lines

SweetAccord
09-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Water gets into the boat different ways.

1. Between the boat's cover hatch.
2. Up the drive line.
3. Through the water line (if there is a leak somewhere)
4. Through the rudder hardware (if there is a small gap somewhere)
5. Through the servo pushrod that goes to the rudder.

Solutions:

1. Use good hatch tape. Clear electrical tape works well.
2. Use grease on the drive line and even a small piece of tubing at the end of the drive line where is comes out and connects to your motor.
3. Check they are all connected and none of the waterlines have a nick in them.
4. Check and use grease between to seal any openings (rare to need to do).
5. Check the rubber and how it's connected to the hull and that there are no dings in it.

Hope that helps.

Skullcracken
09-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I noticed today after running the boat that their was more water that leak into the hull than usual. After running the boat I have always noticed a little bit of water but this last couple of runs, a lot of water.Also, exactly how does the water get pumped into the boat and through the tubing to cool the motors down ?

Thanks in advance., Marcus

Specifically - how the water cools the boat - water pressure from the boat moving, enters the water pickup in the rudder. If you're asking that (no shame there) you're probably not regreasing the drive shaft regularly. If there's not much grease on the drive shaft, you'll have friction, but it also will allow water to be drawn into the boat through the driveline. There's other means to take on water, but that is likely your problem.