PDA

View Full Version : Bought a used MC, and did a complete rebuild

Jason4636
08-20-2012, 09:46 PM
This is the first boat that I have owned, minus the one Keith Bradley just built me. And its at paint right now.So I thought, I would get a cheaper boat to learn alittle bit about boats before mine got here from Keith. I know this is not up to par with some of your guys builds. But for my very first one, I think it came out alright.

I started out with a used MC, I bought off the F/S area on OSE. I came with a Leo 4074 2200kv motor, and a CC 120a esc. Heres what it looked like when I received it.

When I received it the motor was way out of align, and I mean way out. So I decided to tear it all apart. And this is 1 hour later after I received the boat in the mail.

Then I started on the rebuild. I block sanded the ride pads to make sure they way square and true. Then I used 2 part foam on the inside to make it more ridged. Next I did a CF inlay on the tub area and the hatch. I used CF plate that was 2.5mm thick, cut them about a 1/4 wide and stacked 5 on top of each othe to raise the motor up where it was inline with the shaft. Then I epoxied the motor mount in and added a strip of CF for added strenth. Plus I put in a seaking 180a esc instead of the CC 120. And I ran a dual water pickup, instead the single pickup with a Y adapter like how it came. And I'm running a dual water outlet out the side of the boat. And this is it after my rebuild

CF the hatch.

I ran the boat yesterday, All temps but one set of bullets was under 120 degrees. But it was chine walking all over the place. So after I got home lastnight I raised the prop/skeg 1/4". Then tested it out today after work. I think its running good. Nice and flat, but the only problem I have right now with it is. The temps, that one set of bullets we're 153, motor and esc around 130. I was running the x445 Prop, but I'm going to finish up my x440 and x442 prop in the next couple of days. Then test them out friday after work and see if going down in prop size will help my temps. Plus I'm running 15 degrees timing on the motor.

Plus if any of you guys have any tips, hints, or tricks. That will help me out on my next build. Let me know, I love to learn anything that I can.

I have a video of today uploading right now to youtube. Will post it up later.

sanyijr
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Jason,

Where did you get those water nipples that go through the hull? Those don't look like the standard shortys that are sold on OSE, are they?

Sean

Jason4636
08-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I only have one water inlet nipple, and on the other is just the hose run thru the hull. But no water has ever came in yet. On the water outlets. The one that's closest to the front of the boat, came with it when I bought it used. So I don't know where the guy got it, I looked for another one but could not find it. The one towards the rear. I used a large rivet collet, a price of brass tube, and a hose nipple. Then I used 5 minute epoxy to seal them together where there way no leaks. Really easy to make.

Jason4636
08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Here it is running today at the lake. Sorry the camera is so shaky. My dad went out with me to tape it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TNhltGVpjM&feature=youtu.be