PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone put an outrunner in one yet?

dshuld
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm in the market for a new motor for the sv I'm in the middle of redoing. I'm thinking about moving the revolt setup to the sv and getting something else for revolt. I'm looking at switching to the seaking/turnigy 120 or 180. Any thoughts on this? Was looking on fightercat at some of their outrunners and was thinking of experimenting if no one has tried. Another question would be is a t500 big enough or would I need a t600?

Fluid
08-20-2012, 04:57 PM
The Turnigy 180 seems to be a pretty reliable ESC - almost every Swordfish my club members have tried has burned up or quit working. All the T-180s are still working. As for motors, the Revolt is not a huge boat and does not need a big 6S motor like a T600. I know that guys were running Scorpion 3626/1900 motors in spec hydros and OBs with good success, I see no reason it or a comparable motor would not work in the Revolt. Biggest issue with outrunners is cooling - there is none. Not insurmountable though.

dshuld
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks fluid. Here are the ones I'm thinking of trying:

http://fightercatracing.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=99&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 : 3126 1600 kv, it says 2200 kv for all three 3126's

http://fightercatracing.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=31&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 :3126 2200 kv

I've been toying with the idea of just getting both to try out in the revolt and the sv. The reason I brought the t600 up is they have them in 1600, 1800 and 2000 kv ratings for not much more. Do you think I may be better off going with something else? Jan has some motors recommended for the sv I've also been considering. The ammo 2300, turnigy 3665 2150kv and 2300kv but he's out of the 2300 and so is hobbyking.

From what I can tell if I go with one of those three I can stick with the seaking/turnigy 120. Would probably go with the turnigy version of it as you can get two for almost the price of one. But have yet to decide if the risk is worth the $30 price difference between the two. By that I mean if it's not working at arrival having to ship back to china and wait for replacement.

Again, would love your thoughts on this. While I've been enjoying working on the old sv I almost think I may have gotten over my head with trying to pick out power plants for this app with out breaking the bank doing so as i'm just getting into this portion of the rc world.