PDA

View Full Version : 11XL Set Up?

LJH
05-02-2007, 09:45 AM
So I stumbled on a NIB Fiagio 11XL at a price I could not say no too. So I will be running this for the time being in my old Cesa, which is already a bit of a handfull with a 700SC, 12 cells and a X448. But I was wondering what would be a good hot sport set up for this motor. From my limited knowledge on FE boating it seems I could run a few more cells with this motor.

Cheers,
Jim

RMZDADDY
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Sure, you can power that motor with more cells, (I run a 12xl with 24 cells) but do you have a future hull in mind? The size of the hull will help determine how many cells and what esc you would want to get. If it were me, I'd buy a controller with room to grow in terms of how many cells it can handle and the amp rating. For your existing hull the question is how many cells can you stuff into it, and would it be too hard to control?

SJFE
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Jim be aware the SH & CESA hulls have limits with out heavy modifications. I wont go into the whole long drawin out explantion. But long story short the plastic is thin and soft. Add age to the equasion and you have about a 30mph max. For the next boat I would look into a glass hull. A Titain, Rio Roses, Syncron or Triton. there are many more good glass hulls but OSE stocks all the above and will be the quickes to deliver...as allways. Good luck on the new build.