PDA

View Full Version : Re Volt 44.7 mph SLOWED DOWN to 35.7 mph ?

Mike Caruso
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I ran late tonight and I had my friend with who wanted to drive the boat. I said no problem! I have the 4s charged all the way up and last time it was in the water it ran 44.7 mph. Nothing was changed on the boat except last time out I was screwing with the throttle trim!! So I got the cowl taped and locked on the radio and I thought it was funny that the motor was running?????? So instead of un-taping and re-setting like I should have I just held the throttle in rev and the motor stopped. In the water it went seemed to run fine. I made a couple of passes back and forth it ran fine. I let my friend drive no problem. When done I noticed that I had to turn the throttle trim way down. Pulled the boat out and read the Eagle Tree 37.5 mph ?????? WHAT ????? Where did 7 mph go ???? :confused2: I had to get home no time to stay and figure out the problem. On the way home I was thinking about the guys with new Re Volts who said no matter what they to the boat all it would run was 37.5 mph.

I think that all they have to do is reset the radio like the instructions say. I will bet they will go right into the mid 40's.
No proof until I run mine again.

Doby
08-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Probably got your trim set so you are not actually getting full throttle.

tlandauer
08-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Mike, are you using the stock Tactic radio? If so my experiences were every now and then the calibration goes out and after connecting the batteries the motor will run, yes, the only way to stop is re-calibrate or hold trigger in reverse. When you turn the throttle trim down it will also stop but you won't get full throlle when you run the boat in open water. I don't have this boat but my set-up was AQ 1800 kv motor and Seaking 120 ESC in a Minicat Samurai cat.
Don't know if relating this experience is helpful but I read your posts with great interests and this is just my $0.02.

Mike Caruso
08-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Probably got your trim set so you are not actually getting full throttle.
Thank you I was thinking I screwed it up by not resetting.

Mike Caruso
08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Mike, are you using the stock Tactic radio? If so my experiences were every now and then the calibration goes out and after connecting the batteries the motor will run, yes, the only way to stop is re-calibrate or hold trigger in reverse. When you turn the throttle trim down it will also stop but you won't get full throlle when you run the boat in open water. I don't have this boat but my set-up was AQ 1800 kv motor and Seaking 120 ESC in a Minicat Samurai cat.
Don't know if relating this experience is helpful but I read your posts with great interests and this is just my $0.02.
Yes Stock Tactic radio. That's it to a tee no heat in anything so I knew the boats was OK. I am still learning to work with the Eagle Tree before I post them. Hey thank you very much as I post only to help the next person. If I am wrong at anytime just chime in it's the only way to learn.
Regards,
Mike