PDA

View Full Version : can somebody please help me with my mini wildcat ?

marcusg
08-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm new to rc boating but not rc and purchased a mini wildcat has my first boat. I have ran it more than a few times and during my inspection/maintenance after running the boat I was not able to reinstall the wire drive prop .

The problem I'm having is with the drive dog that attaches the prop to the drive, I'm unable to remove it. How do you take off the drive dog off of the wire drive prop shaft ? I need to replace the drive wire but unable to remove the drive dog that locks the prop to the drive wire and is secured with the prop nut.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by me. Thanks in advance.

Marcusg

Chrisg81983
08-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Did you see the small set screw in e drive dog ? If you took that out and it still doesn't come off some people locktite them on so some heat will need to be applied. I use a butane torch for this as I use loctite 603 retaining glue so more heat is needed for this instead of the standard blue or red. Can you post some pics of what you have going on there this will help with myself and other people as well in answering your question.

marcusg
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Did you see the small set screw in e drive dog ? If you took that out and it still doesn't come off some people locktite them on so some heat will need to be applied. I use a butane torch for this as I use loctite 603 retaining glue so more heat is needed for this instead of the standard blue or red. Can you post some pics of what you have going on there this will help with myself and other people as well in answering your question.

Thanks Chrisg, here is a pic.

Sorry if the pic is not good/clear. Using my camera on the tablet. Hope you are able to make it out. The pic shows the new shaft on top and the old shaft with prop removed on the bottom.

Chrisg81983
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
It looks like a threaded drive dog to me just loosen it like you would the prop nut

marcusg
08-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Tried to but it won't budge however after reading your post maybe it's locktite in there. So if I heat it up with a lighter will that work ?

Sorry for the dumb questions :( :D

Chrisg81983
08-18-2012, 02:02 PM
You could try but... it might be hot enough just hold it there fir quite some time let me know how u make out with it

Chrisg81983
08-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Yup it is definitely threaded

marcusg
08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
You could try but... it might be hot enough just hold it there fir quite some time let me know how u make out with it

If push cones to shove I'll try using a soldering iron to get it loose. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

marcusg
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Yup it is definitely threaded

That's off your WC ?

Alexgar
08-19-2012, 08:41 AM
If you don't have a torch try your stove much hotter than a lighter

marcusg
08-19-2012, 11:33 AM
If you don't have a torch try your stove much hotter than a lighter

That is exactly what I did. I got it off yesterday and now I'm ready to roll this morning ! :biggrin:

BTWO,

Do you guys have problems with the end of the shaft cable getting frailed at the end and not being able to reinsert the shaft back into that part that is connected to the motors ? (Sorry, forgot the name of that one part...coupler or something ???).

Anyways, thanks gentlemen for all the help. Again much appreciated.

Marcus

Alexgar
08-19-2012, 11:37 AM
What is the approximate lenght of the wire I've been looking for a 1/8" shaft wire for my renegade rigger and this looks like if will work

marcusg
08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure but it looks approximately about 6-7 inches.

The part number is, AQUB6266. Got it at Tower.