PDA

View Full Version : HobbyKing order help needed.

wade7575
08-17-2012, 12:02 PM
I just placed an order with HobbyKing to get a Charger and some other stuff and I got my Tracking number and it is being Shipped EMS from there China Warehouse and I was wondering who Deliver's it to my door as I know we do not have EMS in Canada,does anyone know that live's in Canada or the State's if they hand it off to DHL or something like that.I asked HobbyKing but they were no help what so ever.

Basstronics
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
In US it shows up with mail.

siberianhusky
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
regular mail

wade7575
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll watch for it to show with Canada Post and see what happen's

In US it shows up with mail.

turbonutt
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
it'll come Canada post, you might get duty on it though. The only time I've been charged duty on an order from them was with EMS shipping for a 600EP helicopter

grsboats
08-17-2012, 07:36 PM
wade 7575 your order will hit the front door soon don't worry.I have 49 orders shipped with different methods and never had any issue but as said most of them was charged......a big non sense lottery!

ksm2001
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Every time I've ordered from Hobby King it's come Canada Post. Had to pick it up from the post office and sign since its an international package but never had to pay duty. It depends on what they value your package at on the declaration form, but in most cases its valued low.

srislash
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
My stuff comes via Canada post but not the normal mail person(wouldn't want to weigh Brook down).It comes later by truck for me.And if no one is around it then needs to be picked up from the PO.

And it is a lottery with the duty charges.If you UPS anything it WILL have brokerage fees.They can really turn a good deal into a not so good deal.

wade7575
08-18-2012, 02:41 AM
With UPS I know that Standard shipping is no good as they will nail you 25 bucks for the brokerage fee unless you pre-pay for it with a credit card and call them before it hit's the boarder,you are sometime's better off toget the next up from Standard with UPS as it include's the brokerage fee.

My stuff comes via Canada post but not the normal mail person(wouldn't want to weigh Brook down).It comes later by truck for me.And if no one is around it then needs to be picked up from the PO.

And it is a lottery with the duty charges.If you UPS anything it WILL have brokerage fees.They can really turn a good deal into a not so good deal.

jamespl
08-18-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm in the UK but I've found that if they ship it ems I always get hit for a charge and it's no faster than an air parcel as it takes ages to get through customs.

martin
08-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Ive never got any customs to pay on parts sent to the UK but a few friends that ordered complete boats had to pay customs. I believe they had to pay around £35 - £40 on boats that were £125 - £150, on parts that ive had they put a low value but maybe they cant do that complete boats.

wade7575
08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Just to let you guy's know my Stuff showed up a few day's and I did not have to pay Duty and my order was $595.00 the most of that was for the Battery's and the Charger and I got some wire and plug's.

I know for Canada you do not get nailed any duty on Battery's no matter what there for,I don't why I did not get nailed for the Charger and other stuff,so far the charger work's really good and is not loud at all and seem's to run really cool.