PDA

View Full Version : Nqd jet boat kmb 28mm squirter installation

joker rc
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Just been setting up my recovery boat with 28mm KMB Jet drive with reversing bucket
.had to make a adapter plate for the motor , motor is 4 pole 2880kv vented can / esc 60amp turnigy ,
i made that rear support from alloy sheet,for defuser to screw to . i shall add a skid /trim plate under it , lol its going to be a rocket on 3s2p 1800mah .0r 2s2p 2200mah ,hehe :lol:
still i bit of messing around and half of tube of shoe goo to go , :confused2:

srislash
08-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Are you nuts!!!
One of the guys did that locally here and the boat is like a *%$# Banshee.We run comps in the creeks here and it can't be controlled.Sure is fun though.
I use my NQD for rescue now as well.I use a styrofoam ball on 8ft of Spiderwire to snag the boat.

ThGdThBd&ThUgly
08-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Hey Joker, I am in the process of modifying a NQD with a 29mm Graupner. Curious how yours will do? I didn't think about letting the Jet stick out the back so far. I was scratching my head tonight thinking about how far forward I could get away with installing the Graupner. That looks good, I can't wait to see video.

joker rc
08-19-2012, 02:53 AM
hay guys ! been busy as ,no progress from the photos , just a sheet of 2.5mm styrene glued in the transom for bit more support to bolt through
/ not sure how it will perform set up like this , will see.... need a skid plate extending back , KMB 28 fits in the stock jet location pretty dam good , just needs the opening trimmed back on the side as this jet has a wider mouth ,length of the jet intake is the same , so sits nice and flush to hull . make a good recovery boat with reversing bucket attachment ,needs a second servo to operate ,and 3-4 channel radio .