PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

wavekatcher
08-16-2012, 07:52 PM
If everything goes according to plan, I will be taking a 3 hour tour tomorrow. Maiden voyage butterflies are abound, as I am relatively new to FE boats. This Revolt 30 is my 3rd boat in my collection.

What am I forgetting?

Batteries are charging, Rescue boat and fishing pole are ready, new batteries in all tx's, tools, camera, chair, charger, deep cycle battery to charge, hat, sunglasses ,sunscreen
??????? Anything I'm missing?:confused2:

gyrotron
08-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Maybe a cold one? :beerchug: Good luck and keep us posted how it went. Sorry, I forgot don't drink and boat... just boat, boat, boat, boat and once in a while sip...

wavekatcher
08-16-2012, 08:36 PM
OK thanks! I'll have a couple Root beers. I am living the clean and sober life now, so a good quality root beer is as exciting as it gets for me nowadays.:rockon2:

BHChieftain
08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't forget your prop(s) and hatch tape. Also keep some spare velcro around...

Chief

JrValente
08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Check all fasteners and check for water leaks, then sounds like you are good to go.

wavekatcher
08-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Check all fasteners and check for water leaks, then sounds like you are good to go.

Thanks gentlemen.

I've blue lok-tited all hardware, upgraded to OSE flex shaft and x642 prop, sharpened and balanced, epoxied servo, motor mounts and stuffing tube, stuffing tube support added, battery spacers made out of foam, batteries broken in, rudder water inlet enlarged and elongated, rudder sharpened, renfrew hatch tape ready, extra velcro, prop and flex shaft all ready to go.

Also have done the bathtub test . Let her sit for 2 hours. NO leaks (yet) Speaking of leaks, I've got my new turkey baster ready:thumbup:

dshuld
08-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Good luck man! I cant wait to get mine wet but my one day off a week has come and gone.

wavekatcher
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
The 3 hour tour could not have gone any better. My Revolt 30 performed flawlessly. I had five runs today.

1st run with Gens Ace 2S 5300mah 30C (Diesel's suggestion............ thank you Diesel) Ran for 2 minutes 30 seconds and came in. Batteries warm, motor warm, esc warm and not 1 drop of water inside the boat.:thumbup1:
3.96 volts left over per cell.

2nd run with Zippy 2S 5000mah 45C batteries. Ran for 3 minutes 30 seconds. Even though these batteries are much heavier, the boat seemed to run better.:confused2: I am running the packs side by side with a spacer in between. 3.92 and 3.94 volts left in each cell after the run. Motor warm, esc warm, batteries warm. No water present in the boat.

I bumped up the timer for the next 3 runs to 4 minutes. Batteries came in after the run with 3.85 volts per cell. (resting voltage)

I did have some chine walk, but I am very pleased with how the boat runs. I am running the X642 octura prop, OSE flex shaft, and OSE upgrade collet.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I will try to post up some pictures and video. I was able to video tape and run at the same time, kind of hard to drive with one hand and film.:thumbup:82707

wavekatcher
08-17-2012, 07:20 PM
More pictures82708

JrValente
08-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Good to hear of your positive outing! Looks like a great place to run some boats.

gyrotron
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
More pictures82708

Nice lake. Where are you running your Revolt?

wavekatcher
08-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Nice lake. Where are you running your Revolt?

I was allowed to run today at Lexington reservoir in the Santa Cruz mountains.......... only after paying for a boat inspection (for the Zebra/Quagmire Mussel) and registering my boats with the county. The inspector gave me the green light (electric is ok, gas is a no no) to run on this reservoir instead of running in a large percolation pond devoted to RC boats. So, 40 miles round trip from my house.

cpgise
08-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I was allowed to run today at Lexington reservoir in the Santa Cruz mountains.......... only after paying for a boat inspection (for the Zebra/Quagmire Mussel) and registering my boats with the county. The inspector gave me the green light (electric is ok, gas is a no no) to run on this reservoir instead of running in a large percolation pond devoted to RC boats. So, 40 miles round trip from my house.
A group of us are going to the perc ponds sunday if your interested.

wavekatcher
08-18-2012, 11:26 AM
A group of us are going to the perc ponds sunday if your interested.

Thank you very much for the invitation. I do already have previous commitments for Sunday. I am on Daddy duty every weekend because my wife has to work weekends.

Are you guys racing @ the pond? Or just running for fun?

gyrotron
08-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I think the trip is worthwhile, beautiful area. I would love to run my boat there but I'm in FL... I run for fun on a pond a few blocks from my house.

cpgise
08-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Thank you very much for the invitation. I do already have previous commitments for Sunday. I am on Daddy duty every weekend because my wife has to work weekends.

Are you guys racing @ the pond? Or just running for fun?.
strictly for fun, we dont have any course markers. Last weekend we had almost every type of hull in the water at the same time. Are you on our local fe mailing list.

wavekatcher
08-18-2012, 05:05 PM
strictly for fun, we dont have any course markers. Last weekend we had almost every type of hull in the water at the same time. Are you on our local fe mailing list.

Not on the mailing list, YET! If you would direct me to where, I would please like to. Thanks

wavekatcher
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
video???
http://youtu.be/e4R11sHLXc8

I was steering with my thumb, and running the throttle with the trigger finger, while filming with my right hand. LOL And I'm left handed:banana:

gyrotron
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Looks like it is running pretty well and fast. Did you measure the speed? I love my Revolt y like it better than the Impulse 31 old version.

wavekatcher
08-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks, I was unable to get a speed reading.....need to buy something for that:popcorn2: