PDA

View Full Version : What Leak ? The Dog did it

properchopper
08-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Like many of us, I get a few teaspoons of water in the bilge after a short run. Usually blame it on the poor stuffing tube the way I blame the dog for that funny smell after I digest my favorite gutbomb burrito. Just used my leaktester to check out the FE30 for a race this weekend and bingo - several tiny leaks around the water jacket & its fittings. Deployed the Seal-All and no more dribbling. Might try it on the dog if I can get him to hold still still enough :ohmy:

82276 82277 82278

monojeff
08-10-2012, 12:53 AM
I hear you Tony my Elam seams to have a ongoing issue still cant figure out where the stupid water is coming from its a never ending battle so I just say oh well and drain the water after each run.

properchopper
08-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I hear you Tony my Elam seams to have a ongoing issue still cant figure out where the stupid water is coming from its a never ending battle so I just say oh well and drain the water after each run.

Jeff, I hear you. Sport hydro's are a tough boat to tape up watertight. My scale Coast Guard boat was so leakey that I put an autobailer on it and now it stays dry

Make-a-Wake
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Hey Tony, you got a few pics of that Coast Guard boat?

monojeff
08-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Might end up needing to do something like that if I can't get a grip on it soon.
Long a the motor stays cool I am not to worried about it gotta love the watertight aqua 60.

Anyone make a small autobailer?

properchopper
08-10-2012, 01:41 AM
My very first SE (slow electric) boat; still runs repowered with some Titan brushed motors and an EVX-2 esc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmsbDH2ybX4

Make-a-Wake
08-10-2012, 08:11 AM
My very first SE (slow electric) boat; still runs repowered with some Titan brushed motors and an EVX-2 esc

Nice!! I was really excited at first when the title popped up as a 47 foot (47') boat!!!!:Peace_Sign:

Looks like the real thing!!