PDA

View Full Version : who makes the best hardware for the blackjack

lyndon915
05-22-2008, 02:56 AM
I am new to the rc boats and am looking to upgrade my new blackjack with some new hardware. I have seen some setups with inline runners and some with offset rudders. I am wondering what performance and handling differences i would see from both and generaly what hardware people have been happiest with on this boat.

z400
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Welcome to OSE!!

Fullers is my guess as far as Hardware goes..

Check out the thread directly below this one.

Here ya go.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3044

lyndon915
05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I have been all through the handling issues thread. I have seen the fuller hardware and am just wondering what some of my other options are and what i am going to gain by running an inline rudder or an offset.

Ub Hauled
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
well,
it'll depend on what you wanna do...
for SAW type setup, people usually use offset rudders
and for offshore type races, inline... mainly because it
handles better.

PropNutt43
05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I have been all through the handling issues thread. I have seen the fuller hardware and am just wondering what some of my other options are and what i am going to gain by running an inline rudder or an offset.

Inline hardware:
Will give you almost equal turning both right and left, I say almost because the torque from the motor and rotation of the prop are factors too. Will also lose a little speed because the rudder is in the path of the props thrust.

Offset hardware:
Will give you superior turning in one direction, the direction depends on which side the rudder is on. Should run faster because there is nothing in the path of the props thrust.

Other considerations:
The distance between the rear of the transom and the prop will affect the boats speed and stability and how easy it blows over backwards.

The farther back the prop the more stable and less likely the boat will blow over because the prop has more leverage to keep it from happening.

The closer to the transom the prop is the more speed you should be able to get because the boat will easily get more airborne, but might blow over easier.

If that doesn't help keep looking at the different threads in these forums they will help you make your decision.