PDA

View Full Version : New MC with water issues!

mikeochs
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Got my MC today. Really excited to get this thing goin. Spent a couple hours going over everything. Pulled the cable to regrease, seeme fine. Everything looked good. So I went and put her in the water tested it out for about a minute and a half and it started hesitating and then stopped. I let her sit for a minute then it was active again and brought her back in. The thing was half full of water in the compartment. Anyone have issues right out of the box with water in the hatch! Is there a issue with water coming up the cable with these or something? If anyone has had a issue please let me know:sad:

siberianhusky
08-08-2012, 05:07 AM
That sounds more like a serious cooling leak, hatch was taped up tight right?
Plug the exit line, pull ff the sponson pickup line and blow, see if you hear al leaks.
Sometimes the O-rings in the cooling can get pinched during assembly, might have a split cooling line, could be the nipples on the esc leaking.
Half full in a couple of minutes doesn't sound like a drive line leak.

sanyijr
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I would first test the water lines as mentioned above. Push water through for a minute and see that happens. I have never had more than a teaspoon aftr 5 minutes and that was always from lazy taping on the hatch. Might be a dumb question, but you did tape the hatch all around, right?

Sean

mikeochs
08-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Oh yes. Well it turned out to be the jacket. The seal was half out and the extra inlets leak terrible. anyways i pulled it all apart and fixed it up. Good noe

sanyijr
08-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah,

I always kinda laugh when people say to hook the cooling up to the sink or something like that and test it. And i don't do that exactly, but I do improvise and push water through just to make sure I have no leaks... Last thing i need is stuff to fry from something studip I acutally have control over.... But hopefully no harm done, right?

Sean

sanyijr
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Mike,

Is this MC new out of the box? It took me a bit to really get her dialed in... But I still have a bit more heat than I like, but she runs fast!!!

mikeochs
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Ya its new out of box. I havent had much time to really dial her in because i only have 0ne set of batteries and now i just lost my lake that i run in. The most georgous place to runa a boat and now its been takin over by the parks and rec department to make it more disabled friendly. Ok thats cool with me but what does that have to do with me running my boat. Pisses me off, i have had two years of fun out there and nobody ever cared actually loved watchin my boats and now that they built a mall on the side of the big lake and made it all yuppvile and tight ass snobs i am limited to driving 30 miles now!!!

sanyijr
08-09-2012, 12:19 PM
That blows!!! Sorry to hear that...