PDA

View Full Version : Question on 2 part foam

Jason4636
08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I have a Aquacraft MC, and I was about to use the 2 part foam from Kintec. To fill the front of the boat. Just wonder how much to mix up on the first pour? And what's the best way to get good results?

jcald2000
08-08-2012, 05:47 AM
I don't try to fill in one pour because the expansion rate depends on the temperature. I heat both parts of the foam before mixing in bucket of hot water for about 15 minutes to get it above 90 degrees F, I am also heating the boat in the sun at the same time. Make sure you have everything taped off that you don't want to spill this excellent adhesive on!!!
Mix as fast a you can for 15 seconds and pour!! you only have 30 to 45 seconds from when you mix part A and B.
Start with 1 oz. of each part and see what you have, wait 15 Min's and mix additional batches to get it where you want.
The temp of the mix is the most important part it won't expand very muck if it is below 80 degrees.
WEAR GLOVES!.

Jason4636
08-08-2012, 05:51 AM
I had planned on doing multiple pours. I was just wondering on how much to mix on each pour. Thanks for the info on warming the mix and the boat up. Thanks